Euro 2012: Semi finals

Tegis

A victory for Germany or Italy in this tournament will be a victory for football.

i think Germany have pace, firepower and energy to beat them as they looked shattered tonight

yet another boring tournement on the whole.

really? the quarters were one sided and tonight was shit but i thought the group stage was superb

As I mentioned above the groups were partly ruined by expected officiating. I think Group A was entertaining, otherwise.. pretty poor.

really? the quarters were one sided and tonight was shit but i thought the group stage was superb

As I mentioned above the groups were partly ruined by expected officiating. I think Group A was entertaining, otherwise.. pretty poor.

All the groups apart from the Spain, Ireland one were exciting. England v Sweden and Portugal v Denmark were classics.

I think you might be a bit hard to please then.

I thought there were some great group games. The majority in fact.

The Germany Greece quarter final was good fun and The England Italy game was great until towards the end of the second half when England were dead on their feet.

This semi has been dull but that is more to do with the way Spain play, I think tomorrow will be the better game.

Nani should have let Alves get on with it and go after him instead. I guarantee that having to go back and then walk up again after would have had an effect on Alves, mentally. The more time you have to think about it, the worse it gets! I'm very surprised about Ronaldo. Surely he would have taken the 5th!?! He needed to go first to get them off to a good start, especially as Spain had just missed! In a game he's always first on the ball for penalties and free kicks. He should of stepped up when his country needed him the most instead of relying on it going to his penalty and potentially winning it, providing that's what he had "planned" of course! Or maybe he'd bottled it due to big misses in the past and that he was facing Casillas, a man who would have seen Ronaldo take hundreds, maybe thousands of penalties. I don't know but for me, Ronaldo should have stepped up early!

All the groups apart from the Spain, Ireland one were exciting. England v Sweden and Portugal v Denmark were classics.

I'm not saying every game was shite outside of group A, just like not every group A game was good.

The 2 you mentioned were very good and I enjoyed most of Polands games. Otherwise.. I can't think. Germany-Greece was alright but too 1-sided for the most part. Watching 1 team get battered for an entire game, even if there's 4 or 5 goals, doesn't make it a good game to me.

I'll be supporting the Germans tomorrow, they're a good skilled entertaining side. Should be a decent match, I reckon the Italians will ranch their chances and the Germans aren't without flaw. Hoping that correlates to a good game.

Nani should have let Alves get on with it and go after him instead. I guarantee that having to go back and then walk up again after would have had an effect on Alves, mentally

He. Is. Not. Allowed. To.

It has to be done in the order submitted to the referee.

Really shit game tonight...should have been a classic, but both teams were playing not to lose. Depressing approach to say the least.

I think the Germans and Italians will show more attacking intent, and it should be a much better game. Can't get much worse...

Interesting how you have to do it in order but if the scores are still level after 11 kicks each, you can change the order.

I think only the first 5 are submitted to the ref. Once it's sudden death I think it's whichever order you want (apart from the people who have already taken one, obviously)

Well after reading Paulo Bentos interview, it appears that Cristiano was down to take the 5th one. As we have all established, that is a very stupid thing to do because the shoot out might not last that long. But I dont think it was so Ronaldo could get all the glory and put in the decisive penalty like against England in 2006. I just think they considered the 5th kick the most important.

But Ronaldo isnt actually that good at penalties. He missed in the 2008 champions league semi against Barca. He missed in the shoot out against Chelsea that same year. And he also missed in this seasons champions league semi against Munich. So perhaps there were players in the Portugal team who were better takers then him.

The look on his face at the end was priceless though.

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy this "It's stupid for him to be number 5"

If it had come down to that penalty and tey had to score to stay in, then it really would be a captain's penalty and people might be saying it was a great decision to leave him to number 5 (assuming he scored)

Â