Euro 2012: Semi finals

Tegis

The fact is Ronaldo missed a penalty by taking the first against Bayern inChampions League Semi, he also missed the first penalty for United in Champions League Final. Maybe that played on the mind of decision, but to blame Ronaldo is absolutely ridiculous. Also huge credit to Ramos, considering his last penalty is still travelling to the moon, he comes out and does that shows his bottle.

Ronaldo did not take the first one n the 2008 final.

But those who are saying Ronaldo only wanted to take the 5th one to get all the glory are wrong I think. Yes he is a bit arrogant, but he is not THAT self absorbed. Give the guy some credit.

Really shit game tonight...should have been a classic, but both teams were playing not to lose. Depressing approach to say the least.

Agree on the whole, but Spain at least looked like they were trying to win it in the last ten minutes of extra time.

Portugal by then were getting on my nerves with their backpasses to the goalkeeper who always wasted as much time as he could before clearing it. So towards the end I went from being more or less neutral / slightly pro-Portugal to wanting Spain to win.

Like most of Spain's games though, it was a disappointing spectacle.

dont blame Ronaldo for the penalty but do blame him for a bad enough miss in last minute due to lack of composure

Merales put the pass behind him though.

I was surprised Ronaldo brought it back and took a shot before the defender was on him. If that pass had been out in front of him I think he would have put it away.

Ronaldo did not take the first one n the 2008 final.

But those who are saying Ronaldo only wanted to take the 5th one to get all the glory are wrong I think. Yes he is a bit arrogant, but he is not THAT self absorbed. Give the guy some credit.

He honestly is that self absorbed. From the winks to the cameras, to the hair and makeup changes at halftime.

Like most of Spain's games though, it was a disappointing spectacle.

vs France and Portugal are arguably 2 worst games of tournament

Yes. Spain v Croatia might qualify as one of the worst 3 as well.

The pattern seems to have been the same for ages now. The other team plays very defensively to contain Spain. Spain dominate but are careful to keep their own defensive shape and not get too many players forward. Spain eventually win a dull, low-scoring game. Repeat in next round...

I thought Spain v France was going to be better after Spain scored relatively early on, but the game seemed to get even worse after that. France made some token efforts to get back into it, but seemed to lack real purpose and ambition, Spain stifled them quite easily while not seeming too bothered about scoring any more, and by the end the crowd was simply "watching in hushed awe" (i.e. falling asleep).

The reason games against Spain are awful now is because everyone is shutting up shop against them. Those games were entertaining while other major nations believed they could win. It used to be just minnows who parked the bus but now sides with the quality and self-belief of France are shutting up shop too. When players of that ability decide to not let you play, they are very good at it and at the very least you are in for a dull watch.

It is a testament to just how good Spain are that probably only one other side in Europe are going to dare to go toe to toe against them and that will be Germany if they make it to the final. If it's Italy then you can expect more of the same.

That's not true. Italy took the game to them in the pool match. I thought Italy were the better side, Balotelli should have scored when he was through on goal and Cassano had a few chances, as did DeNatali when he came on.

Spain did finally decide to come out play once they had gone a goal down though.

Â