Euro 2012: Semi finals

Tegis

and no doubt its just me because i cant stand him but IMO i know exactly why ronaldo wanted the last penalty

Not just you mate its all about Ronaldo thats why he wanted to take the winning penalty in his mind instead of playing for the team and putting the pressure on Spain and potentally allowing someone else the glory!

Ronaldo.......big game.....missing :-)

100% agree, but someone will no doubt suggest vs czech republic was a big game

how amny free kicks did the BBC wank all over before he blazed it over or smashed in to the wall? i also liked their suggestion that almeida's role in the team was to give the ball to ronaldo to score

They might have to kick them in order submitted to the ref.

Ronaldo.......big game.....missing :-)

That is exactly why Nani sent Alves back. The list gets handed to the ref before the penalties get taken, and they have to kick them in that order.

Is Ronaldo the worst captain ever? probably only fella to come close would be Zlatan. Why does it always have to be about Ronaldo to him? He should have been one of the first up to bury his spotkick but no he had to be no.5 for the glory.

Spain-Germany Final was nailed on after they no-penalty calls on Busquets and Badstuber late on in the Final group games that would've sent them packing.

My friend just said the same thing. I personally dont believe in such conspiracy theories. Even though Spain Germany is the final UEFA wanted, I dont think anything dodgy is going on.

How stupid are Portugal :|

You put Ronaldo in your first three takers to make sure that he gets to take a pen.

I have to agree, put him in the first 3.

But I think some of you are being unfair on Ronaldo, you have all just presumed Ronaldo wanted to take the 5th to get the glory. Maybe Bento told him to take the 5th. Or maybe he wasnt even down to take one. He did miss in the 2008 champions league final, and the 2012 champions league semi final. So maybe he was not confident.

Proves how fine the line is between success and failure is, doesnt it? Underside of the bar and out. Inside of the post and in.

Spain-Germany Final was nailed on after they no-penalty calls on Busquets and Badstuber late on in the Final group games that would've sent them packing.

My friend just said the same thing. I personally dont believe in such conspiracy theories. Even though Spain Germany is the final UEFA wanted, I dont think anything dodgy is going on.

I think those 2 will always get the benefit on those kind of decisions though. If roles were reversed and they needed the penalties, they'd have got them.

Oh well, yet another boring tournement on the whole. 4 shots on target over 120 minutes. **** me.

Starting Negredo was bizzare, he is a top player but putting him in here in the system they have for the first time is just crazy.. I think this is one of few mistakes Del Bosque made in my opinion, the other was bringing on Cesc (sure he scored at the end to win it but you could argue if he got a striker on they wouldn't be in that position) at one point Navas was whipping in crosses and I thought to myself if Llorente was playing he'd get at the end of a few of them.

Starting Negredo was bizzare, he is a top player but putting him in here in the system they have for the first time is just crazy..

Agreed. I think playing with a proper #9 against the much lesser teams is fine, players like Torres/Negredo/Llorente will boss them and score goals. But against top CBs, Spain really should just go with the 4-6-0.

That's the worst I've seen Silva play by the way, annonymous.

and no doubt its just me because i cant stand him but IMO i know exactly why ronaldo wanted the last penalty

Not just you mate its all about Ronaldo thats why he wanted to take the winning penalty in his mind instead of playing for the team and putting the pressure on Spain and potentally allowing someone else the glory!

It is the manager who chooses the takers though

Â