Ashley Young's performance at Euro 2012

sonic_bouma

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: The power on that penalty, Nearly took the leather off the ball.

I think even if the keeper had saved it he wouldnt have saved it. The power of the ball would have carried him over the line and probably killed him.

BTW, the shootout was epic too. Sheffield Wednesday were 3-0 up in it and still managed to lose. Sid Cowans(!) scored for Wolves, Chris Waddle missed the decisive kick.

Loved Ash when he was with us, but I left out a whoop of joy when he missed the penalty last night. That's what you get for diving against Villa at Old Trafford Ash, Karma is a bitch. Take that ya diving prick.

The sad thing was that in the warm-ups I thought Young was our brightest player. Then the tournament started and he was utter shite, whether he got the hump at being put out wide from the second game or not I don't know. Young blasting it down the middle and hitting the bar and Pirlo's deft chip down the middle typified the ultimate difference between the two teams. I think he is still a good player with a future for England.

So much racist abuse going on, on twitter. Check out my last few re-tweets @omariqy

Ws just going to post something similar. Police are investigating 3 examples of racial abuse on social networking sites aimed at the 2 Ashleys's for their penalty misses.

If City buy a couple of midfielders in the summer I think Milner is going to have to move on to stay in the England setup, as is Adam Johnson.

I would snap them both up. AJ out wide and JM in the middle.

pay £22m for the pair £11m each, that'll do

The sad thing was that in the warm-ups I thought Young was our brightest player. Then the tournament started and he was utter shite, whether he got the hump at being put out wide from the second game or not I don't know. Young blasting it down the middle and hitting the bar and Pirlo's deft chip down the middle typified the ultimate difference between the two teams. I think he is still a good player with a future for England.

personally dont think he is good enough for step up but against Ukraine adn Sweden he should have been better, has to be pressure. looked like he shit himself before the spot-kick

I think Young is good enough for international football, but I think he just had a poor tournament, it happens. Some of his performances last season against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Basle in the Champions League show he is good enough.

think youngs gone backwards personally. he disgraced the nation with his lazy and awful performances

he was the worst england player of the tournament for me. rubbish and should not be a starter.

Ashley Young was England's worst player in this tournament. He was shocking in every game. He's too predictable and got found out big time. No doubt he'll play well for Utd this season but at international level he can't mix with the big boys, at least not in a 442 anyway!

PS - I know a few Utd fans, from Manchester (SHOCK) and they all hate him!

Â