Ashley Young's performance at Euro 2012

sonic_bouma

Hart for a penalty! Jesus we must be desperate!

why? its a confidence thing and i dont think many in our team have more confidence than hart (rightly so too, brilliant player IMO, will be keeper of the tournament)

plus the previous time i saw him take a pen he basically took a goal kick and smashed it in the roof of the net, absolutely unsavable

as for ash, agree that he was one of many who was shit, i was surprised about how often he delayed his cross or didnt cross but thats because rooney and welbeck were static or not in the box, didnt take on that many people and didnt win free kicks in key areas like he can, rooney looked like he'd been injured not suspended, glen johnson was glen johnson, milner showed yet again he's not a proper winger (should have man marked pirlo last night)

He must talk the talk pretty well in those situations, but often does not walk the walk.

this is my biggest gripe with him...he's a world beater in his head....

there is no way he should have been on that penalty list...

we would have more success IMO if penalty takers were picked on their mental strength and calmness under pressure....

look at Pirlo...there was no way he was gonna miss that penalty and to score it the way he did just epitomises his calm mentality....

Gerrard, Parker (shouldn't have been taken off), Milner, Rooney and Hart should have been the penalty takers

Why on earth all the full stops?

He must talk the talk pretty well in those situations, but often does not walk the walk.

this is my biggest gripe with him...he's a world beater in his head....

there is no way he should have been on that penalty list...

we would have more success IMO if penalty takers were picked on their mental strength and calmness under pressure....

look at Pirlo...there was no way he was gonna miss that penalty and to score it the way he did just epitomises his calm mentality....

Gerrard, Parker (shouldn't have been taken off), Milner, Rooney and Hart should have been the penalty takers

Why on earth all the full stops?

ellipses mate...

bad habit and just the way ive always posted...

i find it easier to read back...

here's a few more just for you.....

........ :D

VERY IMPORTANT MESAGE FOR ALL...........................​.......

Message to all people who can help

Mrs Young from Stevenage is looking for her son Ashley

He told her he was going to the euro finals with a few mates, but never actually turned up.

last reported sighting was of him hitting a bar in Kiev!!!

Why was he even third in line to take a penalty? If I remember rightly he took three penalties for Villa and missed one of them. That's not a great record, and his actual penalties never look like good ones.

Anyway, he's a word removed. Went right off him after that dive against us at Old Trafford in April. I know he's always been a diver but to do it against your old club is just lacking class. Will look forward to the abuse he gets at VP next season.

Ashley Young is getting abuse on twitter and the net as well as facebook. This is critical moment for him. He can ether bounce back or let it get to him and have a negative effect on his career like what happeened to de boer in 2000.

Why was he even third in line to take a penalty? If I remember rightly he took three penalties for Villa and missed one of them. That's not a great record, and his actual penalties never look like good ones.

Anyway, he's a word removed. Went right off him after that dive against us at Old Trafford in April. I know he's always been a diver but to do it against your old club is just lacking

He missed 3 penalties for Villa. I remember the miss at the emirates in the 2-0 win. Very poor.

Anyway, he's a word removed. Went right off him after that dive against us at Old Trafford in April. I know he's always been a diver but to do it against your old club is just lacking

He missed 3 penalties for Villa. I remember the miss at the emirates in the 2-0 win. Very poor.

Oh yeah. Which was the other one?

Tbf the only Villa penalty taker in recent years that has filled me with confidence was Barry. Every time he stepped up I knew he was going to score, same couldn't be said for Young, Milner and Bent. Who knows how it would have gone if Barry and Lampard were there to take one?

Â