Ashley Young's performance at Euro 2012

sonic_bouma

He's a diving cheating prick that's been found out, simple as.

I hope his career takes a dive just like he does in every game he plays.

Christ, what's he ever done to you?

A thousand times this. I know that there's very little integrity in football these days, and most footballers (defenders as well as attackers) cheat in some way, but to take a dive against the club that paid your wages for four years in barely the 10th minute of the game is a whole new level of classless. Not content with spitting in the face of the fans that used to chant his name, he then gets up and high-fives his teammates like he's scored a last minute winner.

He was rightfully criticised left, right and centre within the game for his actions. He's a cheating, diving prick and I hope his career nosedives and he finds himself as nothing more than a Man U benchwarmer.

A thousand times this. I know that there's very little integrity in football these days, and most footballers (defenders as well as attackers) cheat in some way, but to take a dive against the club that paid your wages for four years in barely the 10th minute of the game is a whole new level of classless. Not content with spitting in the face of the fans that used to chant his name, he then gets up and high-fives his teammates like he's scored a last minute winner.

He was rightfully criticised left, right and centre within the game for his actions. He's a cheating, diving prick and I hope his career nosedives and he finds himself as nothing more than a Man U benchwarmer.

Fair enough, I didn't watch that game (sorry! :lol: ) so I don't feel the same emotions.

Young never was defensive at Villa because his pass back option was Warnock instead of Evra. SAF will want ball retention. We wanted a run into the box/ free kick/ ball slung into the box. But I am wrong? Never mind.

Personally i think part of his lack of confidence with the ball now is due to the fact that at both club and international level he has a marauding/overlapping full back, never had that at any point at Villa, he'd be lucky to have a natural left back behind him.

I think that his form took a nosedive sometime around last November and he's yet to recover...

I think he's suffered the same fate as Milner and Downing- Leftvilla-itis.

He'll be shipped out of there within 2 years, and I bet he ends up at Spurs.

but even at Villa Young stopped taking defenders on regularly in about 2010
This. Infact since the 08/09 season he wasn't up to his old standards, delivery really hit and miss, never beating players, going down far too often and easily.

As for the comment about him not being direct enough, if anything him being too direct is his problem. Against Italy he would get the ball and just run, and inevitably lose it.

I don't think he's been a very good player for a while now, still good but not good enough for Utd or any CL club.

He did o.k for United for most of last season but he struggled in some of the champions league games which gave an indication he would struggle at the real top level.

Think he'll stay but will be warming the bench a lot more this season.

Â