Ashley Young's performance at Euro 2012

sonic_bouma

he will definately warm the bench much more this year and im sure Ferguson will just use him for the Wigans and Fulhams of the league....

is Kagawa a winger? if so thats Nani, Valencia and Kagawa all more capable...

Young does not have the big game mentality and he's been found out last season at Man Utd and now in the Euros...

I think he's got 2 more years left at Old Trafford before we see him at a club like Spurs

Ashley Young was England's worst player in this tournament. He was shocking in every game. He's too predictable and got found out big time. No doubt he'll play well for Utd this season but at international level he can't mix with the big boys, at least not in a 442 anyway!

PS - I know a few Utd fans, from Manchester (SHOCK) and they all hate him!

Did they say why?

Ashley Young was awful, really **** awful. He looked clueless most of the time....as shit as he was James Milner was 10 x worse, a player who could not take on a player, failed to make a half decent pass all tournament, couldn't defend. Don't want to see him anywhere near a England squad again. Adam Johnson must of watched these 2 clowns performances and cried his eyes out. Worse performances I've seen in a long time. Also Danny wellbeck what a load of shite, he doesn't get himself in the game at all, can't take on a player,can't shoot from outside the bos. Another exampke of average player being picked based on the team he plays for.

Ah, Adam Johnson. Has there ever been a man made to look better by the failure of others more frequently than Adam Johnson?

Ashley Young was England's worst player in this tournament. He was shocking in every game. He's too predictable and got found out big time. No doubt he'll play well for Utd this season but at international level he can't mix with the big boys, at least not in a 442 anyway!

Did they say why?

Oh yes!

Poor set pieces was one of their main issues. He was also called a one trick pony. The diving hasn't helped either. Apparently a few times towards the end of last season he was getting shouted at and booed at Old Trafford for the way he was going down at the slightest of contact, rolling around as if injured or limping around then suddenly running at full speed again.

Ring any bells? Same old Ashley!

Ah, Adam Johnson. Has there ever been a man made to look better by the failure of others more frequently than Adam Johnson?

Tbf Adam Johnson is a good player (at least as good as Downing) but he never plays.

Did they say why?

Oh yes!

Poor set pieces was one of their main issues. He was also called a one trick pony. The diving hasn't helped either. Apparently a few times towards the end of last season he was getting shouted at and booed at Old Trafford for the way he was going down at the slightest of contact, rolling around as if injured or limping around then suddenly running at full speed again.

Ring any bells? Same old Ashley!

I got slated for making these accusations in his last few years at Villa. Ever since the famous MON "Genius" line he has been nowhere near his best. He could not take a corner let alone a free kick, he was greedy and had shit attempts on goal when there better chances to lay the ball off and his diving antics pissed off the home fans too! The thing is that what I have just said could be copied and pasted onto any of his Villa, manure or England games.

I agree that he will warm the bench a bit next season with Spurs or Arsenal making a cheeking bid for him.

Yeah but I think Zatman means if they were looking at Hazard as well then they might well be looking to ship out one of their other wide players

ahh right ok, in that case.. Hazard isn't a wide man, he likes to play behind the striker, in the Mata position.. But he still can play out on the wing cutting in..

Manure have broken Young. Same as Liverplop breaking Downing. They both used to get the ball and run at full backs.

They have been fooled into believing keeping possession and going backwards is better...... and confidence has gone with it.

If our wingers (whoever they may be) just pass back to the full back/ centre back all day I would go effing mental. Just like I was at England when Young got the ball.

Manure have broken Young. Same as Liverplop breaking Downing. They both used to get the ball and run at full backs.

They have been fooled into believing keeping possession and going backwards is better...... and confidence has gone with it.

If our wingers (whoever they may be) just pass back to the full back/ centre back all day I would go effing mental. Just like I was at England when Young got the ball.

Yeah thats right, its all Manchester Uniteds fault for Youngs poor tournament.

I would like to make it clear, my comment was sarcasm. I should have inserted a :winkold: or something.

Seriously though I think going to a club Manchester United will improve you as a player because you are surrounded by other top class players and have a great manager to work with. Also you are under pressure to win EVERY week.

Youngs poor performances were down to him, and he has no one else to blame.

Â