FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

What is it with these Africans? Always arguing over bonuses and refusing to play.

The England players play for free.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but given your history I'll assume that you're serious.

First of all, England players get between £750 and £1,500 per match they play. For the last few seasons this money has been donated to charity, but they still get an appearance fee and it's not that long ago that they kept it.

But I think far more pertinently, an international football appearance fee probably means a bit more in real terms to a player at Free State Stars, Enugu Rangers or Warri Wolves than it does for Ashley Cole.

You don't think?

• Like 1

Credit to Tahiti, they have tried play football and created a decent move at end of half, as I have seen many international teams park the bus when playing a better opponent

Italy couldn't beat us in Euro 2012.

One of the great injustices in football if England had of won that penalty shoot out. 36 shots to 9. Pirlo made a mockery of English football and midfielders that night

• Like 1

Italy couldn't beat us in Euro 2012.

One of the great injustices in football if England had of won that penalty shoot out. 36 shots to 9. Pirlo made a mockery of English football and midfielders that night

One of the great injustices in football :lol:

Your England thing is pretty amusing. 

• Like 2

Spain really won't try that hard against Tahiti and will win at a canter... They won't be ruthless and score loads, just make it a comfortable win.. Uruguay and Suarez in particular won't be so kind and I could really see them getting 10 or so. We all know Suarez likes the limelight and he will want to get in record books, plus the more he scores it helps keeps him in headlines and on people's mind for a move

Spain really won't try that hard against Tahiti and will win at a canter... They won't be ruthless and score loads, just make it a comfortable win.. Uruguay and Suarez in particular won't be so kind and I could really see them getting 10 or so. We all know Suarez likes the limelight and he will want to get in record books, plus the more he scores it helps keeps him in headlines and on people's mind for a move

Its exactly same opinion for me. Spain will grab 2 or 3 and be happy but Suarez and Cavani wont take mercy

What is it with these Africans? Always arguing over bonuses and refusing to play.

The England players play for free.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but given your history I'll assume that you're serious.

First of all, England players get between £750 and £1,500 per match they play. For the last few seasons this money has been donated to charity, but they still get an appearance fee and it's not that long ago that they kept it.

But I think far more pertinently, an international football appearance fee probably means a bit more in real terms to a player at Free State Stars, Enugu Rangers or Warri Wolves than it does for Ashley Cole.

You don't think?

The majority of their squad play in Europe.

They are hardly amateur players like Tahiti.

And apart from Mikel, who else do Nigeria have that means you can assume financial parity between their squad and England's?

Unless you think that Varese and Academica pay a similar sort of wage that makes the England players' noble gesture something other than completely irrelevant in this context.

• Like 1

Â