FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

Spain v Tahiti today. I am strangely excited to watch this. I am interested to see how Spain goes about the match. They clearly will win the group and goal differential surely wont factor in so I wonder if Spain will just treat it as a practice match and send out their subs/reserves? 

credit to italy from what i saw of the 2nd half the tactical change (taking aquilani off and giovinco on, to give them an extra midfielder according to keown, not sure where aquilani had been playing...) and the obvious bollocking they got at HT worked a treat, but i went to bed after the 2nd shocking penalty of the night

dont think moyes will have the balls to do it, but kagawa should be starting in rooneys role...

Spain v Tahiti today. I am strangely excited to watch this. I am interested to see how Spain goes about the match. They clearly will win the group and goal differential surely wont factor in so I wonder if Spain will just treat it as a practice match and send out their subs/reserves? 

I imagine Torres will want to score as many as possible. If he plays...

I imagine Torres will want to score as many as possible. If he plays...

You can say the same for any Spanish striker I guess or even their midfielders. The team's competition level is ridiculously high, but I doubt Del Bosque will care even if Torres scores 7 goals. 

nah as mentioned earlier. Spain arent going to care after 4 or 5 and will just knock it about. Its Uruguay that will tonk them as Suarez wont care who you are as seen by his handball vs mighty Mansfield

Spain like records. Their 2nd string will play and they'll want to impress maybe more than the 1st team would. I can't see it being single figures. If they were of a mind to, they could probably score a goal every 2 minutes. Nigeria were utter shite and scored 6.

Am I right in thinking Australia hold the record for most goals scored in a international game?

I think Spain will probably break that record tonight.

31?

i think spain will take their foot off the gas due to the conditions and end up scoring around 8

i think spain will take their foot off the gas due to the conditions and end up scoring around 8

And what'll they do for the remaining 70 minutes? Can't keep it in the centre circle all night :P

Can't keep it in the centre circle all night :P

They won the World Cup doing just that.

Alan Shearer would have you know Spain scored more than their opponents. That's how they won games y'see :P

Am I right in thinking Australia hold the record for most goals scored in a international game?

The Wikipedia entry on that game is worth a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31%E2%80%930_American_Samoa

"The American Samoa team were troubled by passport issues, with only one member of their original 20-man senior team, goalkeeper Nicky Salapu, eligible to play. American Samoa were also unable to call their under-20 players because most of them were involved in high school exams at the time. They were forced to draft in their youth players, including three 15-year-old players, to put together a makeshift team with an average age of 18.[5] According to team manager and Football Federation American Samoa vice-president Tony Langkilde, most of the Samoan players had never played a full 90-minute game before the match with Australia.[6]"

Edited by LondonLax

The Wikipedia entry on that game is worth a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31%E2%80%930_American_Samoa

"The American Samoa team were troubled by passport issues, with only one member of their original 20-man senior team, goalkeeper Nicky Salapu, eligible to play. American Samoa were also unable to call their under-20 players because most of them were involved in high school exams at the time. They were forced to draft in their youth players, including three 15-year-old players, to put together a makeshift team with an average age of 18.[5] According to team manager and Football Federation American Samoa vice-president Tony Langkilde, most of the Samoan players had never played a full 90-minute game before the match with Australia.[6]"

That's brilliant  :crylaugh:

Â