FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

I can't believe it finished 2-1.   I watched the first half before going to bed and it was one of the most one sided games of football I'd seen in years.  I was expecting to check the score this morning and see that Spain had won by four or five goals. 

I don't think they are boring to watch, I admire the way they can keep possession like that. I watched the whole game, the 1st time I have watched a confederations game. They are incredible, and anyone who thinks they are in decline can think again, they have new young players coming through who are just as good.

What this confederations cup has shown, is that England are so far behind. We knew this already, but this tournament has emphasized that further. Italy and Spain are on another planet.Brazil are slightly ahead.

Edited by Voinjama

England aren't as bad as people make out, but they don't have the courage to play football.

You'll see this season plenty of English players in teams who play good, passing football. There is no reason why the national team can't do it.

Sure, clubs managers have time to coach their teams into playing a certain way but it really is bizarre how good footballers get to the national set up and completely forget how to keep hold of the ball.

What this confederations cup has shown, is that England are so far behind. We knew this already, but this tournament has emphasized that further. Italy and Spain are on another planet.Brazil are slightly ahead.

How has it shown that?

Italy couldn't beat us in Euro 2012.

Spain are ahead of everybody not just us.

Italy were impressive against Mexico, should of been more then 2-1 and I watched the whole 90 minutes of Spain Uruguay, the first time I have ever watched a full confederations cup match. Their performance in the 1st half was amongst the best I have seen - it was that good. Euro 2012 was a year ago, Italy have improved since then. And even though the Italy v England game went to penalties, everyone could see that match was like men against boys.

And I agree Spain are ahead of everyone, but I have heard the current Argentine side are on a similar level. Has anyone seen Argentina recently and can verify this?

2 or 3 - 0 to Nigeria is my prediction.

Hmm, I think that your "Tahiti will finish the three matches with a goal difference of -5 or -6" prediction is looking a bit precarious. 

Edited by ml1dch

2 or 3 - 0 to Nigeria is my prediction.

Well Nigeria scored 2 goals in 10 minutes so I doubt this score will stand. I have a feeling my prediction of Tahiti conceding 15-20 goals in 3 matches will prove to be correct. 

No one is watching this match? Nigeria has looked very poor so far. 2 of their goals have been pure luck. The first goal deflected twice off Tahiti players before going into the net. Tahiti has actually had some chances. 

Â