FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

Forlan will score tonight, he likes to score against African teams. 2002 against Senegal, 2010 against South Africa and then Ghana

Call me the male mystic Meg :detect:

But last night showed he has still got it. Top player.

but before tonight he had only scored 1 international goal since 2011, so it wasn't that obvious. :P

As for next weeks lottery number's, I am keeping them to myself. ;)

Edited by Voinjama

Well Australia now play in the Asian section, so anything is possible in FIFA's world.

The closest country to Australia is Indonesia and the western third of the country is in the same timzone as China.

It makes a lot of sense to have Australia in the Asian region.

a year before the world cup with all those sponsorship deals to finalise? no way will it be cancelled, the policing is costing the brazilians millions, cancelling the tournament will cost FIFA millions, only one answer to that...

Although I think Tahiti will lose all 3 games, I don't think it will be huge thrashings like Saudi Arabia received in 2002, or Greece in 94. I think a minus 6 goal difference by the end.

tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif

Give the guy a chance, you haven't seen them beat Uruguay 9-0 yet.

• Like 2

a year before the world cup with all those sponsorship deals to finalise? no way will it be cancelled, the policing is costing the brazilians millions, cancelling the tournament will cost FIFA millions, only one answer to that...

FIFA won't cancel.... but they might move the World Cup.

FIFA's had an understanding with the US Soccer Federation since '94 that if events transpire 6 months to 2 years ahead of a major tournament that the tournament gets moved to the US. The only time that's happened was the 2003 Women's World Cup, which was moved from China to the US due to the SARS outbreak about 5 months before the tournament was set to start. China retained host status as far as the draw was concerned.

If the protests start disrupting stadium/infrastructure construction, or continue long enough that FIFA's sponsors get antsy about having their execs there or players start getting spooked, then I'd say it's reasonably likely that FIFA will decide to move the tournament, pay Brazil a few hundred million dollars in compensation and award them a future World Cup (punting on Qatar and moving 2022 to Brazil?). There have been reports in some of the Brazilian media that FIFA have asked the US Soccer Federation to start preliminary discussions regarding securing stadia for next June.

Â