SPECULATION: John Ruddy (Norwich)

Villan4Life

this is shocking journalism.

What were you expecting?

1. Its from an English Tabloid.

2. That tabloid rag is the Mirror.

3. Its written by Alan Nixon.

It always baffles me why football fans pay any attention to these football "rumours" that have been invented by journalists looking to fill column inches during the summer.

Surely if Birmingham have any sense they'll make Butland first choice if he's that good. Staying and doing an apprenticeship for a couple of seasons there would be a good move for him as well

Ah but the main problem seems to be that our 7 fingered friends down the road DO NOT have any sense :lol:

Just remember this is phase 1 of 4

Phases 2-4 will see better players come aboard

I haven't read anything about phases. Is this an ITK? What are phases 3 and 4 and where did you find this information?

Isn't Phase 4 where the ants take over? Not sure I'm looking forward to that one...

(On topic - would also welcome this. As much as I respect Shay, there seems to be a growing sense he could be on a fairly steep decline)

im surprised that stories like this still attract a debate on this forum...classic case of lazy journalism. thought there was talk of the mirror being added to the speculation source blacklist at one point?

Just remember this is phase 1 of 4

Phases 2-4 will see better players come aboard

I haven't read anything about phases. Is this an ITK? What are phases 3 and 4 and where did you find this information?

Just look at who posted what you quoted. That should be enough to discern whether or not he is ITK.

As much as I like SHay, and thought he was excellent for us last season, he's just had a shocking Euros campaign. Will be interesting to see if he takes that form forward, or if affects him badly.

That being said, I don't think Ruddy is good enough to be first choice.

He's decent, and having him as a number 2 would be excellent. But as our first choice, I wouldn't be too happy.

Ah but the main problem seems to be that our 7 fingered friends down the road DO NOT have any sense

Nor money daggy-333 so both keepers will be sold if they can get in say around £5m & £2m for each to leave them with Doyle and some money to put towards Carson's legal bills. :winkold: As for Ruddy as has been said it is The Mirror and we have other areas to look at ahead of Shay who will again be solid for us next season and I think we should take those last 3 Ireland games with a pinch of salt as I doubt he was 100% fit for the Euros.

guzan is a better eeper than ruddy.

ruddy is not a good keeper.

having said that i'm not a fan of shay either - not because i dont htink he's good - he is - but he isnt the type of keeper we need.

We need a big keeper who can command his area and kick the shit out of (verbally) the defence - shay can do nether of these and i think that is why the defence fell apart last season