Highlight of your life...

Shillzz

when the bullring opened GAME pulled all the management over there to set it up leaving me to run the kiddy store and do some stupid hours, as a bonus i managed to win tickets to the FIFA launch party down at bisham abbey, spent one night with free booze in the hotel then the next day went and played football with john barnes and ian rush followed by a few hours playing EA's full xmas line up

next time you play FIFA and you notice that you get the names of your player and the opposition player remember that i told the chief developer that it was a good idea to show both, he only wanted to show your player 8)

Mat at uni won tickets to the premier of "Deuce Bigalow: European Jiggalow" (or however you spell it

He took me, and it was amazing. Not the film, the film is one of the worst movies ever made.

But we got free first class train tickets to london, got put up in a hotel and got given £200 spending money, each. And we needed none of that money because everything was free. Loads of free drinks and food at the premier, and free entry and drinks all night in China Whites.

Also, the invites said "Pimp costumes optional" which may have been a joke. But we didn't realise and turned up in some pimped out gear. At first we were incredibly embarassed, but it turned out to be awesome, everyone was drawn to us.

So we spent the night partying in china whites with a load of rich gits. Mingled with the likes of Rachel Stevens, Kelly Brook, Rob Schnieider, load of footballers, Jodie Marsh etc

Sounds tacky as hell, and it was in all honesty, but it was unbelievable fun. Probably the best night out I've ever had.

EDIT: changed my mind.

on GAP year to Canada, generally a year of ups and downs and fun travelling, of which I suppose the most memorable was spending Christmas in a youth hostel at a skiing place - Mont Tremblant - which was beautiful and we would spend the evenings talking in this teepee tent, with folk from all over the world - then agree to go skiing the following morning. Beer would be bought, then hidden away in the snow at the beginning of the day, we'd come back get the fire going and chat away, it was for a to then rather sheltered 18 year old so much fun.

A typically cool and relaxed New Yorker would regale us with shis travels, french canadians would explain ice hockey and canada's natural beauty to us, this quite literally bonkers italian guy called marco dressed up head to toe in a pink outfit would spring into the tent and we'd then agree to do some of the random slopes, where his skiing style seemed eccentric at kindest, but hilarious too. Christmas day in a hostel when everyone's cooked something and sharing the goodies was such a warm fuzzy feeling of fun, although my cake was a disaster, as I didnt have all the ingredients and I casually only thought "how important is baking powder really?" before proceeding to bake what should reasonably be properly called a 'rock'.

such a smashing place, so different... how in the bollocks did I forget about that, indeed so much of canada was awesome. Going to Quebec City for it's winter carnival was up there too.

and I've been stuck in **** cardiff for 8 years now :(

that's it, I am now out of here! :lol:

I'd say my 6 week jaunt in Greece when I was 21...it was a great adventure- chasing girls, smoking hashish, a brush with death on a scooter, running out of money and sleeping in a cave, making fast friends, island hopping, seeing the ruins in Athens, getting in a fight, cheering on Denmark with a bunch of Swedes in the Cup final, getting drunk on Ouzo, reading a fantastic book, getting the best tan I've ever had, eating a copious amount of souvlaki sandwiches, all in the most amazing, ancient, sun soaked setting...and not knowing that it would be the highlight of my life.

soooo many

working and living in Valetta when they won the league and cup was pretty special

a mad mad party and I ended up on the flat bed lorry with the team and the world's loudest p.a.

all together now: Birkikara Birkikara SHIT! SHIT! truly a great song, they missed an opportunity not sticking that in eurovision

or,

being in the cockpit of a big Boeing landing at Heathrow

or,

organising an away trip in the Champions' League which was a roaring success despite my being about 70% proof for the entire trip

Winning a national championship with the smallest club in US Youth Soccer history. It was also the first ever championship in SC youth soccer history. We also had 2 kids get drafted in MLS from that team. Also won a national high school Championship the same year!

Going to Villa Park for the first time in 30 years (last year) having moved to Australia when I was 10, with the Missus, and us beating Liverpool on the last day of the season (the same day SHA got relegated, which only added to the atmosphere). Having told her all about the atmosphere, the fans, the stadium, etc, and she had as much of a blast as I did... Nearly brought a tear to my eye...

would have to be when i was 19 spending two weeks on a desert island (Magaruque) off the coast of Mozambique....

i was one of only 4 people on the whole island, had my own chef, went fishing, snorkelling, helped build a boat, lots of sunbathing...

absolute paradise and serenity....

or going camping in the wild in Zimbabwe, no boring jeep tour and guide just a mental guy with a beard and a knife who knew the "perfect spot"....

waking up to an elephant eating the tree we were camped under, watching hyenas demolish a pile of chicken bones as we hid on top of the car, canoeing along the river as crocs slid in off the banks, having to stay completely still as buffalos strolled through the camp, walking looking for lions and finding a completely hollowed out buffalo (eaten by lions about an hour before we got there)....

you literally could not put a figure on that experience and i got it for free....

10 years on i realise how lucky i am to have been there....at 19 you kinda let it wash over you more

The highlight of my life would genuinely be meeting my current girlfriend, but that sails quite closely to the rules laid out in the opening post.

So beyond that; Scuba Diving with sharks off Grenada was a pretty good day. Scuba diving full stop was a pretty awesome experience.

Â