Highlight of your life...

Shillzz

Training at Barca when I was a kid, when Bobby Robson was manager, and meeting the likes of Figo, Koeman, Luis Enrique, Stoichkov et al. If you think back to that '95/96 Barca team there were a more than a few superstars. One of the other lads swears blind that Mourinho spoke to us aswell, but how he could remember that I don't know. I guess that'd be my highlight. Uni was the best period of my life, thus far, but I couldnt pin down a single moment/experience. Before anyone thinks otherwise, it's not cos I was an incredible natural talent at a young age :lol: - rather, my Under 10s team won a competition on TV and went out there for a week. It was good fun. It's also rather funny in that because of that, I actually saw a match a Camp Nou before Villa Park :P

How did that come about buddy?

My sister lived in Zimbabwe for 2 years....she moved over there with her ex boyfriend who was a white Zimbabwean and i went to visit her before i went to uni...

his dad just happened to be one of the richest men in the country worth about £800 million from tobacco and sports agencies (also he is one of Mugabes buddies and there's been a lot written about him in the British press)...

he actually owned the desert island so i got to go there, nobody lived on it at all just a general manager who was over seeing the holiday homes that were being built on it.....

the safari came about by chance really....a friend of my sisters knew this guy who offered to take us into the wild....i never thought id see what i did..it was literally unbelievable and whenever i tell the stories it comes back to me how dangerous it was...like i don't think I'd put myself in that position again

glad i did though

Mine was at Brighton pier

it was that magical moment when you walk past one of those coin drop games and your ears tune in to that chink of a 2p piece falling down the trap and into the tray.. I heard the sound my head turned and out the corner of my eye I saw a rival , a little old lady who had heard the same sound .... like a highly trained ninja I made my move and got the coin just a nano second before the old lady could make her move

I gave her a wink and a " So long Sucker" and went off on my way feeling her eyes burning in the back of me as I made my way

My 7 year old son was with me that day and I could feel his admiration , I hope before my time on this earth is over I will have passed this skill onto him so that he can teach his children

this is trickier than i thought.

i've led a happy, fun life but haven't really done anything out of the ordinary which would count as a highlight of my life.

i need to have a bit of a think on this one....

this is trickier than i thought.

i've led a happy, fun life but haven't really done anything out of the ordinary which would count as a highlight of my life.

i need to have a bit of a think on this one....

Same here. Once you take the family things out, what is left all sounds pretty tame (perhaps because I've never been an adrenaline junkie). Not that I'd change anything though.

When I was boxing, the heavey weight champion of NZ went to the same gym and I had a 2 minute spar with him.

He could have killed me if he wanted to.

So I guess my highlight is still bieng alive today.

Yesterday at work, I put 60p in the vending machine, and pressed the buttons for a packet of Flame Grilled Steak McCoy's. I received my crisps along with £1.50 change! Easily the greatest moment of my life.

Yesterday at work, I put 60p in the vending machine, and pressed the buttons for a packet of Flame Grilled Steak McCoy's. I received my crisps along with £1.50 change! Easily the greatest moment of my life.

I was once at a vending machine and couldn't decide what I wanted so just pressed a random number. The only empty one turned. People around me laughed. Vending machines can deliver great sadness aswell as great highs.

The highlight of my life is still when I got my joke in the Beano, with a double page picture of an octopus to accompany it.

in no particular order

- scoring my first and only 100 for the cricket club.

- organising my fiance surprise 30th yesterday that went perfectly and for those of you that saw the cake i got her in general chat will know how awesome it was that I got it to come out at 22.22.

- making my first every composition on my computer

- watching one of the best one day internationals ever, Australia v South africa semi final in 1999

- taking 9 wickets in a league match

- finally seeing Leftfield

lucky we can't include our kids or I'd fill up the interweb !!

but ....

Crossing the international date line on my 40th so I got to celebrate it twice , Night out in Auckland ,AM flight to Samoa and back 24 hours and a night out in Apia ..48 hour session FTW

Swimming with Whale Sharks in Djibouti

Seeing the Military Parade in North Korea

Saving a penalty from David Howells

Flying Concorde

Taking the Qinghai - Tibet railway .. train at 5,068 ... totally amazing

Swimming with Humpback Whales in Tonga

Sleeping in a hammock at the foot of Angel falls

Can see now why I love my travel so much .... When I'm old and bed ridden assuming I've not gone totally gaga I'll have plenty to look back on fondly ( it was in a thread long long time ago about my Aunt that died aged 80 and the Vicar said at her funeral "Rene lived a long life and enjoyed watching TV and reading books " 80 years , lived through a war and that was all the vic could come up with !! .... he's gonna have to work overtime when he reads out the thing I did in my life all being well )

I was once at a vending machine and couldn't decide what I wanted so just pressed a random number. The only empty one turned. People around me laughed. Vending machines can deliver great sadness aswell as great highs.

:cry: That's terrible mate. Stay strong. We're here if you need us...

meeting Liz and Phil the Greek would be fairly high up the list. Spending a day with the (bag)pipe and drum band of the Royal Gurkha Rifles is Kolkata was somewhat random but the highlight would have to be tracking lions through the night in South Africa and seeing them take down a waterbuck. Was simply the most awe inspiring thing I've ever seen.

I'd probably have to roll a whole heap of experiences up into one ball - my career.

I've been incredibly fortunate that it's taken me to parts of the world that I never dreamed I'd see (I got back from Sri Lanka a few hours ago) including South Africa for the World Cup in 2010. It's enabled me to live in Germany and Holland, and hopefully there will be more exciting places in that list to come.

I've met some of my heroes in a working environment so have been able to spend quality time with them - Hristo Stoichkov, Peter Saville, Neil Barrett, Alan Shearer and Pele. Spending an hour talking him through the collection we'd worked on really hit home just what a fortunate position I was in. I've been responsible for the team that designed the England kit, and personally designed 13 of the 32 kits at the 2006 World Cup as well as the outfit Usain Bolt was wearing at the Beijing Olympics.

The highlight though, if I had to pick one, would be Italy winning the World Cup in a kit I designed. As a child I used to buy Roy of the Rovers and Tipp-Ex out the kits so I could design my own. To see Fabio Grosso slam that penalty home and watch the team lift the trophy was just incredible. I wasn't at the game but remember the moment as clear as day.

As a designer and as a football fan it was the perfect moment. I'll continue to strive to beat it though.

Â