SPECULATION: Alex McLeish to Besiktas

Eames

From the Mirror

The poor bastards

Turkey trot? Besiktas want to bring in the sacked Aston Villa boss

The Istanbul club are keen to have a foreigner in charge and have already offered the Scot the job - but he's in no rush to return to management

Not wild about Turkey: McLeish hasn't exactly snapped Besiktas' hand off Getty

Alex McLeish has been offered a return to management with Turkish club Besiktas.

McLeish, 53, is in no rush to make a quick return after being axed by Aston Villa last month at the end of his only season in charge.

But the Turkish club are keen to appoint a foreign manager and hope to get their man quickly.

Besiktas parted ways with boss Tayfur Havutcu, who was arrested in relation to match-fixing allegations last summer, quit at the end of the season.

McLeish had an unhappy time at Villa after switching Second City clubs last summer after leading Birmingham to Carling Cup triumph but also to relegation from the top flight.

The former Scotland defender struggled to put a winning team on the pitch after the club sold prize-asset wingers Stewart Downing and Ashley Young.

not sure what he be more worried about the sun destroying his skin or the fact they would actually kill him for his style of football. though im sure the media would say its cause where he came from he got this bad reputation

He will get a biggish size job next simply because he has managed villa, it looks good on his c.v regardless of what happened.

He has managed rangers, scotland, blues and aston villa. Someone will look at that and take him on after a glowing reference from fergie.

I wish him well to be honest. He was out of his depth here and the results proved it but I don't have any malice towards him.
I want him to fail miserably. I hate the man. Problem is, I have nothing against the fans of whatever club he goes to (barring SHA of course). I wouldn't wish McCrap on Besiktas. They don't deserve it.

Without going over the top, I cannot see how he can be linked to any top division team within or around Europe, It's just ridiculous. A random man could have taken the Villa job last year, told our PROFESSIONAL players to play their natural game and we would have more or less finished in the same position. I cannot think of one thing his so called 'expertise' gave to our football club, nothing, there were no positives from his time here.

It sort of annoys me that he may get another shot at a top division club, ruin the lives of their supporters and earn ludicrous amounts of money for failure. Him and his ideas have no place in the modern game. Just go away.

Very disappointed if true this story. I had harboured hopes, I realise they are not likely to happen but hopes none the less, that he would get the spurs job