SPECULATION: Kyle Naughton (Spurs)

Villan4Life

Always been a fan of this little fella, Good Hard working fullback. Suprised his career hasn`t pushed on a bit more than it has done, hopefully a move to villa will fix that.

Mind you i liked justin hoyte a few years ago and he is now on the police missing persons list.

I don't think we will sell. He can play both LB and RB. Both Danny Rose and Corluka look to be leaving, so there should be plently of opportunites for him. Harry spoke about him coming back not long ago and I suspect it wasn't just his opinion that he should be involved next season but that of Sherwoods and possibly even Levy is involved in these discussions. It seems pointless to buy him, loan him out to the point he is ready to be more involved and then sell him. I think one of the most positive things we've seen at Spurs in recent years is that we've got rid of the reserve team and now heavily use the loan system. It's better for the likes of Naughton and Caulker to have a few years out on loan playing regularly than playing weak reserve level football.

I think the press might just be linking him with a move away as he's hardly featrued for us, but in our case if the player is consistently loaned out, but always moving up a level with each loan, then he's very unlikley to be sold, whilst those who occassionally get in the first team squad but rarely feature are much more likely to be moved on. Basically someone like Danny Rose might appear to be more established and part of our plans, but in reallity I'd say it's the complete opposite.

Tottenham have good fullbacks already and Naughton will not be starting over either of them. Plus they have Rose who will probably be leaving but who knows? Vertonghen also will probably sign so Naughton's minutes will be limited. He'd surely start over Hutton here. Seems like Lichaj is our LB so he wouldn't really be competing with him for the RB spot.

I can't see Naughton wanting to hang around waiting to see if he can get the odd game for a big club when he can most likely be first choice at a big club.

He's essentially a right back who can cover left back but I can't see him wanting to play second fiddle to Walker forever. He has his own career to forge, or continue forging and that will be at right back.

Of course, if he wants to carry on trying to get in at Spurs we move on. But I can see him wanting something better than a peripheral role. He's too good to be a bit part player at Spurs. A club playing x amount of Champions League games perhaps.

I can understand Spurs wanting to keep him but the player may have other ideas and all the time his value diminshes.

was it kyle naughton who played at villa park and gave possibly the shittest full back performance ive seen in a while - if it was him Agbonlahor absolutely destroyed him all day long and he gave away the goal... plus the keeper bottled it as well......... hopefully he improved, because if thats him - then stay at Spurs !!

Always been a fan of this little fella, Good Hard working fullback. Suprised his career hasn`t pushed on a bit more than it has done, hopefully a move to villa will fix that.

Mind you i liked justin hoyte a few years ago and he is now on the police missing persons list.

LOL where has he gone !?!?

James Nursery has said we should now rule out Kyle Naughton;

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Also #AVFC NOT going to sign Kyle Naughton apparently. Lambert lining up a different right-back to replace Hutton but I'm unsure who tbh

Also #AVFC NOT going to sign Kyle Naughton apparently. Lambert lining up a different right-back to replace Hutton but I'm unsure who tbh

Hmm, interesting. D Siimpson on free transfer maybe?

I think Danny Simpson has a year left on his contract, but is stalling on signing a new one. Would love to sign him, so that would be ideal and we could get him for a decent price. Could also mean a move for the Forest player Gunter.

I think Danny Simpson has a year left on his contract, but is stalling on signing a new one. Would love to sign him, so that would be ideal and we could get him for a decent price. Could also mean a move for the Forest player Gunter.

Are we seriously suggesting we should sign Simpson ? We had to put up with Hutton and now people are approving Simpson. I see him as a pointless signing, straight up mediocre player. He is stalling signing a new contract because Newcastle have openly made a bid for a new RB and are on the trail of other full backs ... because he simply aint up to scratch, he is not good enough for a top 10 side.

Gunter isnt worth looking, we need to improve our defense and these two would add nothing more than a few more thousand to the wage bill .... Where is our ambition ? Our plan to build for the future, I know we cant go out and sign the worlds best but the above two would be shocking signings.

Are we seriously suggesting we should sign Simpson ? We had to put up with Hutton and now people are approving Simpson. I see him as a pointless signing, straight up mediocre player. He is stalling signing a new contract because Newcastle have openly made a bid for a new RB and are on the trail of other full backs ... because he simply aint up to scratch, he is not good enough for a top 10 side.

Gunter isnt worth looking, we need to improve our defense and these two would add nothing more than a few more thousand to the wage bill .... Where is our ambition ? Our plan to build for the future, I know we cant go out and sign the worlds best but the above two would be shocking signings.

Well actually Newcastle has tried to extend Simpson, but are looking elsewhere because he does not look likely to extend. I reckon you have not watched much of Simpson this past season and that you are just saying his is not top 10 caliber because he does not play for City, Utd, etc. He performed quite well over the past year and did so consistently.

Well actually Newcastle has tried to extend Simpson, but are looking elsewhere because he does not look likely to extend. I reckon you have not watched much of Simpson this past season and that you are just saying his is not top 10 caliber because he does not play for City, Utd, etc. He performed quite well over the past year and did so consistently.

You "reckon" wrong then.

I more than capable of forming an opinion based on the games i see. Im not going to lie and said I watched him play 10+ times, but i watched over half a dozen games he played in, and obviously MOTD etc, ofcourse that is a highlight show so wont show his whole game but im not stupid, I dont base opinions on footballers by what club they play for or what country they are from.

The fact you even said that suggests to me you probably do what you accused me off. Simpson is mediocre. Im more than aware of huttons flaws but Simpson is not the answer.

He performed consistently, your right but he wasnt good. Since when is a player who is capable of playing quite well the answer to our problems.

Thats simpsons best season yet Newcastle still want to sign a new RB and another LB.... Santon can play RB too, Newcaslte must think so very high of him.

To confirm I dont think he is awful, but he is mediocre. Apologies for not wanting another shocking season !

Well I supposed we will have to agree to disagree. Because I watched quite a lot of Simpson this year and thought he was a good enough player. In terms of reality at the moment it is also the range we should be aiming for. Maybe I am alone in thinking we are not going to be after all the best talent available and that we probably will not finish top 5/6 next season. It is about progressing and doing so within our means and a better established finance/wage structure. I beleive that signings like Simpson would be good at the moment and then we can continually build on our scouting in the meantime and be capable of bringing in even better players for the future to continue pushing up.

Â