Lambert to switch dugouts

j19kjh

This and a number of other things he's said in the past few days suggest he has received an early and very heavy message from Lerner Faulkner:

GET THE FANS BACK ON SIDE!!!

Not really, Thats his style anyway, he had a great relationship with the norwich fans.

Regardless of whats happened before any manager would need the fans on side at any club. Besides, the fans were already onside, they were singing his name when he was still norwich manager.

Sorry, but if you think he hasn't had that message from Lerner/Faulkner, I jusy think you are wrong.

After the disaster of fan/manager/club relations last season, it would be shocking if that wasn't a key concern for the club, including the new manager.

They were going to replace them but MON refused them at the time i remember reading!

Something along the lines of sitting on the bench shouldn't be comfortable ..

Personally we should replace the seats they look very dated now

They should make sure they change those cheap park benches they have in the dugouts aswell.

I disagree.

It makes me cringe when I see footballers all snuggled up on their heated leather seats in the dugout.

You shouldn't like being on the bench. It's fine as it is.

I like and support the idea of moving the dugout to be closer to the Holte... Seriously, I do.

However, being mildly flippant -

Contact EA Sports or whoever it is that makes Football Manager/Championship Manager etc and create the opportunity in the game to change the location where the dugouts are to boost team performance. Hopefully, FIFA 13 will actually have Villa Park in it and the amended dugout set up in the game too.

--

Good luck Paul - we know you will walk on water, just like Brian Little. Now over to the chants thread...

SAY NO TO RACING CAR SEATS IN DUGOUTS - they look cheap and nasty.

Great move - attention to detail and his words give me hope that we could start to make VP a difficult place for opposing teams to visit.

The big question is: will PL be kitting himself out in a suit or traditional trackie??

I wonder if he can get the big screen back in the corner of the North & Doug too.
Mods, can we have a "Witton Lane Stand" word filter, please?

:?

It's an interesting move, I reckon it's a good sign for the future that he's aware of the importance of detail and of the fan base.

The cynics would say it's rather like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic....

Shame if Steve Bruce returns cos he won't be able to hear "Sit down potato head" quite so loudly in the other dug out.

Fair play though he always acknowledged it with a smile & a wave back to the Holte.

Am I the only one that thinks the Holte is overrated? I dunno, just seems like most of the noise comes from the North Stand these days. Proper atmosphere down there. :)

I'd have to disagree with you here Mantis - we can hear the Lower North stand occasionally when away fans are shite (your classic Boltons, Wigan's, Blackburns, Stoke's) but apart from that we don't hear you most of the time ;)

Never sat away from the Holte End - and I intend to keep it that way.

Regarding the decision to switch Dugouts, it just shows how deeply he is thinking about the whole job, which is great to see! Really looking forward to next season.

Having had season tickets in both the Holte and NS Lower I can firmly say that the latter is by far more enjoyable for myself - its like being at an away game, non stop singing, stood up all game, banter with away fans. Can barely hear the Holte and there's 13k fans there, compared to 3k in the NS Lower - so its not fair to say you cant hear the fans there.

I dont like sitting in certain parts of the Holte anymore, its either full of 16 year old dicks or moaning people who, at times make the most ridiculous comments.

Â