Lambert to switch dugouts

j19kjh

Having had season tickets in both the Holte and NS Lower I can firmly say that the latter is by far more enjoyable for myself - its like being at an away game, non stop singing, stood up all game, banter with away fans. Can barely hear the Holte and there's 13k fans there, compared to 3k in the NS Lower - so its not fair to say you cant hear the fans there.
That's exactly why I love it. It was the only thing that I went to games for during the dark days of McDoom.

Thing is, yes, this is a trivial thing. But it means he's come into the job bursting to do SOMETHING. He's "thinking Aston Villa" in a way that you could never imagine McLeish doing.

In itself it's pretty irrelevant. As a pointer to the guy's psychology it's very encouraging.

Spot on, that, Mike.

Thing is, yes, this is a trivial thing. But it means he's come into the job bursting to do SOMETHING. He's "thinking Aston Villa" in a way that you could never imagine McLeish doing.

In itself it's pretty irrelevant. As a pointer to the guy's psychology it's very encouraging.

Spot on, that, Mike.

Also says to me that he's looking at every detail from an outsider coming in and not afraid to shake things up for the better. Haven't heard one word of dissent from any of the fans about this (which makes a change) as well.

One gets the impression when the Teddy Bears return back to the Picnic in the Woods in a few weeks time, which to some BMH seems to have become - they're in for a hell of a big surprise.

Spot on, that, Mike.

how i saw it as well. Would also say that anything that can get the holte generating a great atmosphere again is well worth it. Can think of many great days in recent years, 5-1 against Blues and 3-0 against sheffield united were such a great atmosphere. Almost seemed inevitable we would win those days.

100% behind the dugout change, but wonder what the original reasoning was to have the North Stand side, a shorter walk?

I love the idea of creating a Them and Us atmosphere, its a small facet but a step in the right direction.

Regarding the away fans that people have mentioned , not really the right topic for this comment, but I miss the away fans behind the goal, that stomach curning delay as the away fans jump up, then the delayed roar before it reached the Holte. That split second took ages everytime, adding to that sickening emotional low.

Its just not so now, not that its not sickening...

The away fans are a vital part of the atmosphere, and a massive part of the match experiance is lost with them in the corner, but if it benefits the team...

Sorry if you sit in the lower North stand, but to be honest, I'd rather the Holte was always packed and Villa Park had one massive loud voice.

Up the Villa! The dark clouds are passing bye!

I never give that a thought and I guess other fans didn't too....just reassuring to think the manager is possibly ahead of us.signs are good.

It's not something that I have ever thought about but fair play Lambert, if he see's it as important.

As for the Holte making noise, its reactive, if the team are creating chances then noise comes from the crowd, if the team do not attack and do not put in effort, life is sucked from the crowd...there is no need for drums or anything like that.

It's a catch 22 situation...chances created, crowd make noise, players perform better, more chances created, more noise..

From the sounds of it the majority of people are happy with the appointment and there is a sense of excitment behind Lambert therefore I expect VP to be rocking opening game

The only time anyone sings in when they are standing up...everyone only stands in most of the ground when we attack and create chances....hence attack and fans will sing more 8)
Unless it's the North Lower, where we stand the entire game. ;)

The only time anyone sings in when they are standing up...everyone only stands in most of the ground when we attack and create chances....hence attack and fans will sing more 8)

any time i have been in the Holte it is standing.The seats are just to rest your programme on.

Am I the only one that thinks the Holte is overrated? I dunno, just seems like most of the noise comes from the North Stand these days. Proper atmosphere down there. :)

Agree the North lower has a good vibe

An away game at home type vibe

Â