Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

Has anyone noticed the BBC call it Netherlands NED, but ITV call it Holland Hol. Maybe both are acceptable. I have personally always called it Holland.

NED means Nederlands which is Dutch for Netherlands.

Holland is actually a provincial name coming from Noord-Holland (North Holland) and Zuid-Holland (South Holland) and not the name of the country at all.

It would be like calling England, Southampton but in a strange way it's just kind of a given name I suppose.

Has anyone noticed the BBC call it Netherlands NED, but ITV call it Holland Hol. Maybe both are acceptable. I have personally always called it Holland.

Holland is actually a provincial name coming from Noord-Holland (North Holland) and Zuid-Holland (South Holland) and not the name of the country at all.

It would be like calling England, Southampton but in a strange way it's just kind of a given name I suppose.

So ITV have it wrong then? And who do you blame for Netherlands exit?

I was kinda hoping the Danes would go through, not to be though by the looks of things.

This is a tragic Dutch side. Talent by the bag full going forward but a hideous defence and seemingly no team guile.

I just cannot believe a team this good is going to get 0 points, it is just shocking. VDV, Van Persie, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Robben (when hes not being selfish) and Afellay are all world class. Steklenberg is very good. It just goes to show you need to be a team player.

Not sure, I think only Van Der Vaart and Sneijder have played to their best but then Van Marwijk has to take some blame as I don't think he has picked the right teams in the first two games. I think if Huntelaar had started and a real left back was selected, we'd have beaten Denmark, done better agianst Germany and been more confident coming into tonight's game.

The new football being played under Van Marwijk worked in 2010 with a better suited team but now, we just look to be passing about too much, barely any creativity and we don't seem to have any idea so we try the same things over and over no matter how many times they fail.

Van Persie is strange, in an Arsenal shirt he is World Class, for Holland he is terrible (just watching him miss yet another chance).

There just isn't any passion or fight in the team.

I don't know how we go on from here really.

Not sure, I think only Van Der Vaart and Sneijder have played to their best but then Van Marwijk has to take some blame as I don't think he has picked the right teams in the first two games. I think if Huntelaar had started and a real left back was selected, we'd have beaten Denmark, done better agianst Germany and been more confident coming into tonight's game.

The new football being played under Van Marwijk worked in 2010 with a better suited team but now, we just look to be passing about too much, barely any creativity and we don't seem to have any idea so we try the same things over and over no matter how many times they fail.

Van Persie is strange, in an Arsenal shirt he is World Class, for Holland he is terrible (just watching him miss yet another chance).

There just isn't any passion or fight in the team.

I don't know how we go on from here really.

Against Denmark, Netherlands had a clear penalty that wasnt given, that could of changed the whole campaign for them. I think Netherlands will be fine, the qualifying group they are in for the world cup is relatively easy and the world cup groups are always easier. The Dutch will be back, no doubt that.

Â