2012/13 - What would be an acceptable season ?

smetrov

The current clamour is for entertaining football. But lets forget any new manager must address the defensive issues which have dogged us for the last couple of season.

Without much foundation (IMO) Dunne and collins are often touted as the troublemakers - I am guessing the new manager will move at least on of these on.

For me theirs a massive job to do - If new manager broadly sticks with same players - I wouldn't be hopeful of a massive improvement.

So for me a good start for next season would be 45 pts, see some younger players in the team on merit, and some new faces making an impact.

for me a successful season starts with an absolute base line of staying up whilst being more entertaining than this last horror of a season.

From there, it's all bonuses. A decent cup run, beat some top half teams, make some game winning tactical changes or subs. Turn some defeats and draws into wins by out thinking and out playing opponents. Just generally clearly see a great big push of the reset button. End up in a position where next May we are clearly ready to push on rather than re group.

I would like to see us play more attacking football that is entertaining to watch for a start.

Then I would like to see us taking steps in the right direction to improve the players and move back up the table.

I would say anywhere between a 10th-14th place finish would be acceptable next season. The season after though I will be hoping that we can get back in amongst the top 10, which is really where we should be...

Stay up.

Play better.

Rebuild.

Stay away from the relegation zone.

Should be the 4 targets whatever the manager.

for me a successful season starts with an absolute base line of staying up whilst being more entertaining than this last horror of a season.

From there, it's all bonuses. A decent cup run, beat some top half teams, make some game winning tactical changes or subs. Turn some defeats and draws into wins by out thinking and out playing opponents. Just generally clearly see a great big push of the reset button. End up in a position where next May we are clearly ready to push on rather than re group.

Spot on for me

I'd honestly settle for mid-table with good football.

I can't say the football/results being worse than last season anyway, it's pretty much not possible.

Sounds good to me.

Entertaining football. A team who look like they're fighting for the cause. Bringing in new hungry players who won't be on mega-salaries and take the piss. An atmosphere in VP that doesn't involve half the people there being in a sulk.

Oh, and not being relegated would help.

Nice Football.

More goals.

No relegation battle.

Fans not getting on everybodies (including players) backs.

13/14

Nicer football.

Top Half-ish.

Then keep doing that until we drag the next Messi out the arse-end of Erdington or there are new financial rules that make the Premier League truly competetive again.

Â