No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I understand guys, but we have to look at this in a positive light. As difficult as OGS position is, surely he will be PRAYING we offer him the role to get out of the sticky situation he is in.

I cant see an investor pulling out because of an ''informal interview".

My guess.... We have approached Norwich about Lambert and set them a deadline for a response by Monday afternoon. If nothing doing, we will take on OGS as the boss.

either of them, I will be v.happy indeed

UTV

My worry is that we'll get Lambert. Obviously he's nothing like McLeish, but I'd still rather get OGS.

Maybe other clubs will be more reluctant to let us talk to their manager and maybe the board won't be so determined to get him now that everyone knows we're after OGS and that there's a good chance of him coming here?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand guys, but we have to look at this in a positive light. As difficult as OGS position is, surely he will be PRAYING we offer him the role to get out of the sticky situation he is in.

I cant see an investor pulling out because of an ''informal interview".

My guess.... We have approached Norwich about Lambert and set them a deadline for a response by Monday afternoon. If nothing doing, we will take on OGS as the boss.

either of them, I will be v.happy indeed

UTV

My worry is that we'll get Lambert. Obviously he's nothing like McLeish, but I'd still rather get OGS.

Maybe other clubs will be more reluctant to let us talk to their manager and maybe the board won't be so determined to get him now that everyone knows we're after OGS and that there's a good chance of him coming here?

Completely agree, I'm a bit 'meh' about Lambert, It feels a lot like reverting to type, back to to what we know.

It's time for something new.

Just watching the OGS doccie now. Seems like a lovely chap, but very self-assured and ambitious too.

Shame it seems to have been made by MUTV

He comes across as a determined and ambitious young man. It's taking a chance to employ such an inexperienced manager but I think it would be worth a go. He could do it. He states very clearly his philosophy of football (after 13 minutes or so) and it would be attractive.

OK, Ole I'll give you the job.

Completely agree, I'm a bit 'meh' about Lambert, It feels a lot like reverting to type, back to to what we know.

I agree. We need to get up to speed with modern football. Build some new foundations and really plan for the future. Not just the next 2 years, but the next 10 years. I think OGS is a good candidate to start it, and he has time to see it through too.

Ole quotes: "If I get an offer, I will leave as soon as I can. I will offer Eikrem a deal and I will bring Richard Hartis and Mark Dempsey."

Really? Did he actually say that?

Apparently so. From a top Norweigan report/journo. Interesting.

Drrrrrrrrrrogba. Sorry, couldnt resist. Sign him up Ole.

Maybe just maybe the deal was sorted on Friday.. We heard earlier that tweet that he was saying his goodbyes to his players tomorrow, he's done a great job of playing down talk of him going but I think he's our man and technically has been since yesterday.

Yeah, the local newspaper here in Molde quoted the Director of Molde FK. Ole wanted to leave and bring said people with him. That's why the Aker company went ballistic.

Seems like it's no way back now.

I agree. We need to get up to speed with modern football. Build some new foundations and really plan for the future. Not just the next 2 years, but the next 10 years. I think OGS is a good candidate to start it, and he has time to see it through too.

Yep, a good place to start is when the fans are this excited about your potential arrival and have just endured the season we have. I myself will afford him all the time in the world.

Ole's responses were as reported to Norwegian Press

1: "That's hypothetical. If I get an offer, I will leave as quickly as possible. Probably after the game on Sunday.

2: "I want Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis."

3. "Yes, I'm going to give an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem. That's it"