No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I find it unlikely Lerner would stick his neck out this much, and subsequently draw so much media attention to himself, Villa, Ole and Molde if there wasn't something going on.

I don't buy the informal talks thing. I think he's our number 1 target and Lerner and Faulker were wooing him.

I like the idea of Ole as our manager, but he is a complete unknown quantity.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Now hearing from Norway that Molde have confirmed their major financial investors do intend to pull out of the club over OGS/Villa situation

hmm...

That's good for us. The club are losing money, so Randy can chuck them a few million to keep them ticking over for the pleasure of taking OGS off their hands. :D

MM do you think OGS is completly out of the mix? or do reckon he is still the biggest candidate? anyways complete bummer this, i think OGS is one of the most exciting managers around that we are able to get. martinez and lambert are ok managers but you know what you get with them, middel of the park fotball that never gonna turn your sqaud into serious contenders for top 6.

I don't know but he fits the profile for them and the fans the club . Ticks majority of boxes and what I would say is if it's not him then whoever gets it will have to be and they know it same profile .

Some who are throwing hat in the ring aint that profile , some are but who don't know :!:

ok cheers, but do you know if all this PR and Molde/Røkke buisness got something to do with him not being as set in stone as previously thought or if he always only was ment as a candidate amongst many?

Is there absolutely any chance of us getting him at all? I mean, MM's been wrong before.

have you misread what mm said or something? why are you now asking if there's any chance at all of us getting him? course there is, the bloke travelled to birmingham to speak to us ffs :lol:

Yeah but the deal seems to be off now.

Dont say that man. Lets cling to something potentially great for a while longer.

I want to believe but I just can't now. That press conference is probably going to be OGS committing to Molde.

Why would us interviewing ogs be a kick to norwich to sort out compo?

Surely they would rather keep lambert and we get ogs?

So i see norwich being happy about this. Rather than it making them rush to agree compensation.

What am i missing?

I am gay and I love it!

A proud Gay Villa supporter!

With a fan base off thousands world wide you had to be the first on VT "Congratulations, you are officialy the only gay on VT (as far as i know) chances are Bloose have more brown noses than blue.

AVB & Lambert were the reports before OGS was even in the frame.

So I'm guessing they are maybe the other two.

Also don't rule out Klinsman playing a roll neither - he's apparently very good friends with Lerner IIRC.

The OGS/Villa story is headlining every newspaper and TV broadcast here in Norway tonight. Røkke is getting all kinds of flak on Twitter and by football experts in the media for behaving "like a spoilt child". I seriously can´t see OGS returning to Molde continuing as their coach after this behaviour by Moldes investor. This has to be a done deal by now, Ole certainly is finished in Molde, and RL & co will be stupid not to take him when he so clearly is available. Welcome, Ole! :clap:

the daily mail is saying we spoke to martinez yesterday

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez remains the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Kenny Dalglish but, having spoken to Aston Villa on Thursday, he did not have talks with Liverpool on Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146483/Liverpool-rejected-Brendan-Rodgers-Jurgan-Klopp.html#ixzz1vFpU274M

Why would us interviewing ogs be a kick to norwich to sort out compo?

Surely they would rather keep lambert and we get ogs?

So i see norwich being happy about this. Rather than it making them rush to agree compensation.

What am i missing?

Just repeating what Mr Scoggins said last night on Twitter -

‏@SunDeanScoggins

I get the impression any contact with Solksjaer are just a way of speeding up things with Lambert. #avfc

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Now hearing from Norway that Molde have confirmed their major financial investors do intend to pull out of the club over OGS/Villa situation

hmm...

It's on Molde's OS too.

Mysteryman, when you put up "Target Identified:!:", was that Ole or is that an...um....unanswerable question?

That is 100 percent correct but I never professed to know who it was other than target plus 2 options very good options . Villa thought that OGS was going under the radar and didnt expect it to get out .

There is no panic from there end just part of the process , well aware of the feeling on OGS think Mail doing decent job on that . But their logic is Villa fans might be happy with Option 2 and 3 they just don't know them.

NOR DO I :!: