No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

He could bide his time in Norway, while managing in CL games along the way, and then take over for SAF in three years.

There is no way in this world that United would take him on straight from Molde, however well he did there. he needs to go to a bigger club in a bigger league and prove himself there to be even considered for them.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could bide his time in Norway, while managing in CL games along the way, and then take over for SAF in three years.

united arent going to offer the molde manager the job

if he wants to manage united he has to manage us and do a very **** good job of it

I think that's exactly right. And I think Solskjær knows that as well.

Even if he does turn us down in the end, he will have been very tempted to jump at the chance to manage in the PL. He will be back in England sooner or later. Hopefully as soon as possible.

I would love OGS here.

We'll gear him up like we did Ashley Young, then sell him off to Utd when they come calling. That's the only negative thing I could fathom about having him as manager. I think he would suit us very well. I like what he says about football, though that interview was always going to make him out to be a perfect angel and the sort of guy everyone likes.

Sign him up Lerner.

Football is about now though; of course in an ideal world we'd love to have a manager that could sustain a reasonable amount of success for many years but at the moment the club is extremely low, it's needs a boost, it's needs an overhaul and if OGS does do well here and gets a bigger job, it means that he would be leaving the club in good condition, having achieved success, leaving it in a healthy position for someone else to take the reins. Ideally it will be with a squad of players, fully adapted to his philosophy with a winning mentality. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It's a real at-the-crossroads moment for Solskjaer. Shrewd if dicey stuff from Villa for considering him at this early stage of his managerial career; he's probably going to be beyond the pull of a club like Villa in few years if his reputation keeps building as it has, and it's a good, calculated risk to go for him now and let this be his first Premier League job. Could be inspired, or it could be painful (Solskjaer has always come across as a good bloke, and I wouldn't like to see him suffer as well as Villa's fans, if things failed to take off). Manchester United will be pretty interested on-lookers if he gets/accepts the post!

I've just got a gut feeling he is going to turn out to be something very special and it's the best possible time to come to us for him to be fair. Don't think he's one to be pushed around either like many are assuming so he might just end up getting a bit of a war chest to tempt him in so he can have a clear out.

Just hope he comes now, he did turn down the Norway national job a couple of years back AFAIK.

I can see Owen coming to us if Ole becomes manager.

Owen is too busy looking after his bloody horses. He probably still thinks O'Neill is managing us.

Waste of time.

If OGS comes and does well, there's nothing to say that he'd stay rather than head to Manchester. We'd be his first Premier League club, if he's in any way successful with us then I'm pretty sure he'd be in a very special place with the fans and club. He may look on United fondly for his playing career but he could just look on Villa fondly for his coaching career.

It all buts and ifs at this stage. Get him in and lets see where it goes.

I'm genuinely excited about this potentially happening. It's exactly the right approach we need to take - and I hope a proper plan and scouting system is put in place for us to pick up some of the best emerging talent (like Newcastle have done) for the cheapest prices possible.

We quite simply have nothing to lose by taking this calculated gamble with OGS. Any worse than this season just gone would see us relegated and that's pretty unlikely as we've just got rid of the worst manager to ever 'grace' our Club.

It would be a massive job for Ole, and he would want to show the big boys (like Martinez has tried to) that he is an up and coming manager with passion, energy, finesse, and the right, creative ideas to be a top manager. I couldn't care less if he gets poached further down the line - as it will mean we have actually seen our stock rise once again and maybe have even won a trophy or two under him. That's what he would need to do to be even considered for the Man United job for example.

I like the fact this is a leftfield appointment. And I always liked Ole when he was a player, and the fact he was so loyal to Man United. He has a lot to prove (a good thing), has learnt off the master himself in Sir Alex, and unlike someone like McRelegation, he wouldn't just be coming here for another pay day.

Appointing a manager is only half the job. The strategy for taking the club forward under whatever manager is arguably even more important than getting the right man. But I do like this idea - I'm positive it would inject the excitement back into Villa Park - and I will actually be pretty disappointed if this fails to materialise now.

A United fan posted this beneath a Youtube video about him. It pretty much sums up how I always viewed him from a far.

Adbeck82: "Often overlooked as a utd legend with people remembering Cantona, Schmeichel,Beckham and Ronaldo but he never stabbed utd in the back,he played for love of football and never got greedy with wages and was never in the headlines for the wrong reasons. He never complained about being a sub. He was a true football legend what the young kids of today should look up to instead of players like Balotelli."

He might think of bringing a few of his own players with him: Davy Claude Angan and Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Angan probably not good enough,

think there's a better chance he'll be interested in Anthony Ujah who was excellent in the norwegian league before he moved to the bundesliga and couldn't settle. Solskjaer's been trying to sign him for Molde, but found it financially difficult.

From Molde, Magnus Wolff Eikrem I'm sure he'd want to bring a long though.

Also his centre back Even Hovland, and perhaps his partner Vegard Forren.

There's a new generation of players breaking through in Norway at the moment, and Solskjaer would be in a good position to judge these guys.

I am excited about OGS. Clearly there are some risk involved, mostly about his level of experience. But there is no such thing as a managerial appointment that is completely safe with no risks.

Why I like it.... AM, GH, and MON. All had long track records with some notable success and some less notable moments. All of whom were tried, tested, with times of clear success. In other words, conservative. OGS is a much bigger risk.

MON tactically was get the ball to a fast winger and cross it into the box.

GH tactically was knock it around and possess it.

AM was get behind it and don't lose.

OGS - based on minimal data.... is attack by possession and keeping it on the ground.

It may not always work (especially without the right talent on the field) but it is always intended to be vibrant, attacking, and entertaining.

Plus OGS will be really motivated. He has a lot to prove and he is ambitious.

I don't imagine we'll be CL next year, but we'll be entertaining. The club needs that.

Wow! I really don't know what to think about this to be honest.

If he become the manager then it is very refreshing. A young, hungry, up and coming manager. I've watched the documentary and I liked it. It gives you a great idea on what sort of manager he is. If you haven't watched it then I suggest that you do.

It is a gamble. A very big gamble but I would much rather us take these type of gambles than on idiots like McLeish! I do feel a bit nervous though. IF it is Solskjaer then he will need to be backed in the transfer market. Will he be? We all know about Lerner's cut backs. Will he give Solskjaer the financial backing that is needed? I'm not too sure.

I'm kind of thinking that Solskjaer managing Villa will be too much for him to handle at the moment. I'd still prefer Lambert but Ole would have my full support too. He can't do any worse than McLeish... can he?

I do feel a bit nervous though. IF it is Solskjaer then he will need to be backed in the transfer market. Will he be? We all know about Lerner's cut backs. Will he give Solskjaer the financial backing that is needed? I'm not too sure.

Wages have been the main issue, though. I'm sure he'll be more likely to shop from the continent, where even the most modest PL wage will often represent a substantial raise.