No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Excited by this appointment. Seems like he sets his teams up to play how pretty much 99% of us want us to play.

What i will say, is that with an appointment like this, its not going to happen over night and it may well take 2 seasons for him to get us to where he wants us to be. I just hope us fans and the board give him the time to molde ( 8) ) this squad and make it his own.

The revolution begins...bright future ahead.

problem is that we arn't the most patient bunch are we? personally i think the level of investment required to bring us back to where we expect to be is not going to come in one summer, so yes it will be minimum 2 seasons before we are in the right half of the table. i just hope that he is given the time to do it by both fans and the board

my issue is that he is using us as a stepping stone to better things (dont get me wrong, happy to be stepped on if it means we dont have a season like we have just had) but he is leaving molde after only 18 months in the job...he can and will do the same to us. i say get him on a long term deal so when something better comes knocking we get decent compensation

excited about this though...liking the norwegian little scamp more the more i hear about him

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Molde OGS should be cutting his teeth at a championship club IMO. There are a few better candidates out there who I'm sure would be interested in the job. It's a gamble, it might pay off.

I kind of agree but we said this about Lambert last season, we'd have said it about Rodgers last season, and the same for Adkins. But a year later those managers are in the prem anyway and may not want to come to our club considering all the reasons not to want to be our manager at the minute. Instead we're getting there early, its a good appointment imo.

Good football too.

As far as I'm concerned if the guy can unite the fans and create a buzz around the place then I dont really care about his lack of experience.

He has done very well so far so he obviously has good managerial ability and no doubt he'll have a good eye for a player and if his new players and some of the better ones we have can feed off this buzz then its only going to help.

Its all very well saying I prfer Martinez, Rodgers, Lambert but its all much of a muchness.

Lambert plays some very counter attacking football and again like O'Neill perhaps over relies on his players commitment. Martinez plays some nice football but he's never managed to get his team Wigan playing for the whole season, just a portion and some of his signings have also been very questionable. Rodgers seems to be flavour of the month but is he working off the back of Martinez and dont forget he failed at Reading.

So for me if we arent going to get a Guardiola or a Mourinho then we will easily find fault with managers we are linked with.

With Solksjaer he seems to have already brought a buzz and thats a very very important and advantageous factor. I'm all for it, just hope the backing continues past Christmas if things dont start well.

Norway's biggest newspaper now reporting that the CEO of Molde has known about the interest from Villa for 2,5 days.

They also write that 3 people were on board when they arrived in Kristansund.

I decided to take the advice from a few off here yesterday and do some research/watch the video etc, and whilst my disappointment / nervousness around OGS has not totally gone, I'm a lot more comfortable/positive about the decision now. He seems to have a vision & philosophy that we could really benefit from. I wanted a big name, bit reality says thats not happening anytime soon. I'm happy to take OGS over a Martinez, lambert, Rodgers & I'm delighted we are not just going down the old jobs for boys route - Curbs / McCarthy / Bruce etc.

So overall, happy, excited and lets hope he signs on the dotted line and we move forward in harmony this season.

I take my hat off to you for being big enough to try and see things from the other point of view. Glad you'll be giving him a chance to succeed now.

As far as I'm concerned if the guy can unite the fans and create a buzz around the place then I dont really care about his lack of experience.

Indeed. Its amazing how excited and unified fans are (or as unified as we get).

I know a lot of it is because we are on the rebound but there is something different about this one versus the usual suspects we have been talking about.

Hope the deal doesnt fall through.

SSN

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has emerged as a candidate for the Aston Villa manager's job after he held talks with club officials.

Reports emerged earlier this week of Villa considering Solskjaer, and the Premier League club have seemingly made contact with the man who is also now the strong favourite with bookmakers.

Villa chairman Randy Lerner's private jet was spotted and photographed after it had landed at Kristiansund - Solskjaer's home-town.

Norwegian sources claim that Solskjaer will fly into England over the next 24 hours to continue discussions with Villa, who are searching for a new boss after sacking Alex McLeish on Monday.

Solskjaer is currently with Molde in his homeland and in his first year in charge he guided them to their first-ever domestic title.

Now the former Manchester United star is being tipped to make the move to England with Villa, who are believed to have other candidates on their short-list as they look for McLeish's replacement.