No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? That's one of the best plots of all time, plus it had a happy ending.

True but it's long and drawn out & has lots of twists & turns - plus OGS does remind me of a Frodo Baggins type.

Frodo may well have got his reward on this occasion too.... a huge big payrise of Rokke - hence the meal in Oslo with his wife!

Who knows?!!!

Personally i think it's over now. All these people like @Fourth_Official saying "Lets all calm down and wait and see" are just talking bollocks now. It was fun while it lasted and i'm gutted he's not coming, but i think it's curtains for this story.

The rumours were that OGS was on Klinsman's recommendation to Lerner. He apparently is very good friends with Randy in the US.

Someone mentioned Joachim Low to me the other day as a possible candidate that fitted TT's cryptic clue, but I have no idea.

Since it is way past midnite it's time for some conspiracy theories:

OGS will be the new Villa manager, but not until the season starts. He coaching staff will leave Molde and start pre-season without him.

He'll take over when Molde has found a suitable replacement.

OGS clearly said he wanted the job and would leave with his english staff and possibly one of the players with him. Presumable the staff want to leave too. He doesn't live in Molde by the way, but in Kristiansund, a dreary place.

Røkke knows he made an ass of himself and needs to save face, but can't let OGS leave right now, but is willing to compromise.

It can't be about money, Norway is a rich country but the money is not in football. Villa would always offer him more money.

I am surprised as anyone. Only tonight I had a phone call to say that most of the staff at VP were expecting OGS. t appears that Mat Kendrick was too by his earlier tweets. Last Summer it was similar with David Moyes but in the end it appears Everton dug their heels in & persuaded him to stay put.

However not many are party to the inner sanctum at VP as MM called it earlier. Mat Kendrick broke the story first so this has I would imagine definitely come from the horses mouth that he's turned it down or Villa have decided to look elsewhere & for him to bow out gracefully. It might be OGS or it might be MoldeFK refusing or persuading him not to go.

I can't see anything else but that this is over... but who knows?.... whatever happens we've come damn close to landing OGS and this must

have been a 99% done deal, last minute pull out literally because Gazton would not stick his neck out on VT I'm sure a few days ago.

Even the Norwegian press are gobsmacked by tonight's developments it seems by the reactions on twitter.

One thing is for sure though... that when you compare things the way RL conducts proceedings to what's going on with Liverpool who can't even be bothered to hold court in the UK but are insisting all of their candidates fly to Boston for their interviews like some sort of a parade.............it's hardly surprising managers like Martinez and Rogers weren't very keen. Bad employers and good employers SOON get identified in football like every other profession.

Talksport were on about this earlier.

Randy had the decency to send his jet to pick up OGS from Norway to fly him into B'ham in order that he could get back as soon as poss after they held talks.....as Molde had an imminent game.

OGS said in interview he would have always had regrets if he hadn't come and talked to Villa and if he has decided not to want the job anymore to manage AVFC then maybe he will come to regret his decision in years to come. However maybe he wanted lots of money to spend and wasn't prepared to work within a wage budget to meet the UEFA fair play rules coming in next year. Although coming from MoldeFK again I find that pretty hard to figure out personally. Maybe in coming days and weeks the ITKs may find out what's gone on and explain.

Curiouser and curiouser.

One thing is for sure though... that when you compare things the way RL conducts proceedings to what's going on with Liverpool who can't even be bothered to hold court in the UK but are insisting all of their candidates fly to Boston for their interviews like some sort of a parade.............it's hardly surprising managers like Martinez and Rogers weren't very keen. Bad employers and good employers SOON get identified in football like every other profession.

Having been to Boston on many an occasion, I can confirm that I wouldn't be interested in that job either. And I don't even have an ocean to fly over to get there.

Having been to Boston on many an occasion, I can confirm that I wouldn't be interested in that job either. And I don't even have an ocean to fly over to get there.

They're not too keen on the Brits in tea party land are they?

They're not to keen on anybody in Boston.

Oh, I see.

If you run this article from Tidens Krav (main local paper) trough Google Translate without knowing Norwegian it appears plain that OGS has indeed confirmed his alleged "no".

In reality it's a Google **** up. The message is about the opposite, namely that OGS consciously avoided confirming it when confronted with Bryan Doogan's claim, referring to a forthcoming PC after Molde pratice tomorrow (or today, if you like!).

Not that I think it matters, but I wonder how many journos getting fooled by that error.

(edit: rewording)

They're not to keen on anybody in Boston.

Going by your handle, maybe you just expect people not to like you?

Julie, the only place in Boston you might get grief for you accent would be in South Boston and a few other Irish-American neighborhoods. But because Boston is so international these days, most people wouldn't even bat an eye.

I know plenty of Brits who live over here, and they love Boston. People from the northeast are sometimes considered rude by other Americans, but I think we're just more straightforward and don't sugarcoat things.

And FWIW, none of the Liverpool owners are from Boston.

No, people in the Northeast are just very rude and aggressive.

It can appear that way but once you break through the frosty exterior there are some really nice people in New England...I should know I married one of them !

Who knows Jarpie?

It all seems like a big old bundle of he said/she said run through a filter of Twitter and Babelfish.

I guess some sort of formal semblance of the facts will become known after the OGS presser today.

It would be good to get a definitive idea of where the manager search is at though.