No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Clearly we've turned OGS down, which is pretty **** annoying if you ask me. Then again I'm not surprised when I remember that this is the same board that appointed Alex **** McLeish.

Chill out.

Some fans are so fickle, it is a joke. When It was looking like we were going to get OGS, Lerner was our saviour again & all was forgiven for the appointment of AMc. Now, 'Ole has turned us down' which is hearsay; it is back to criticising the board. I understand people's frustrations, but just hold fire until we see who our new manager is. If it is Simon Grayson, feel free to vent your frustrations towards our board. But just calm down.

From what I understand, he wasn't offered the job. The family reasons seems a little suspect to me, which consequently will no doubt be just a cover up so that everyone involved can put this whole debacle behind them without losing face. Villa couldn't have envisaged what was going to transpire with Rokke and all involved. Maybe Lerner actually believed the private jet would go under the radar....Ole certainly did. He was very open to talks and everyone knew the situation before he got on board that plane. And due to the media frenzy, maybe Molde weren't prepared for that. Who knows.

We can all speculate on what may have happened, but at the end of the day....What's done is done. Now let's move on.

javascript:emoticon(':clap:')

Good Post - just chill wait and see what transpires - there'll be plenty of time to call Randy et al all the names you want IF the manager is the same old boring option.

Not like old Ellis never lied to us or never made a mistake and hired dross managers! And HE DID Interview for managers!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazton: Solskjær himself has confirmed to the media that he said no to Villa. Will talk to press tomorrow. (Source: Norwegian media)

Care to elaborate on why you still thought he would come after the news about the rejection broke?

Oh well. It was nice for a while to think that this club might be able to move forward with a young, talented, hungry manager with fresh ideas, to bring some genuine excitement back to a rotting football club; then I realised this might involve our hopeless board doing something right.

Can't see Lambert interested any more either, to be honest. Bored of all this.

Clearly we've turned OGS down, which is pretty **** annoying if you ask me. Then again I'm not surprised when I remember that this is the same board that appointing Alex **** McLeish.

What makes it so clear that we've turned OGS down? I thought he said he no longer wants to be considered?

Also, I'm not at all surprised that Bryan Doogan hasn't made an official statement (I suspect his comment to TV2 was not on the record). Villa didn't make statements in the past each time they either ruled out a candidate or one rejected them. Their method has been to hold discussions in private and make an announcement when a deal is done, not give play by play on the status of negotiations with each target. To the detriment of this process, the media learned the goings-on of discussions with Solskjaer and the courtship process became public. That doesn't mean that Villa would make any kind of statement beyond acknowledging the obvious fact that we inquired. As with Martinez (or Whelan) last year, Villa will leave it to Solskjaer or Molde to make a statement that he's not in the running.

Ok, I'm sticking my neck out here.. But here goes.

Do not lock this thread yet.

Interesting that he went out to 26-1 and is suddenly bein backed down to 14-1

Someone is still chucking money on him

A post from Gazton, a similar tweet from @Fourth_Official and 10 people to jump on BetFair = odds come shooting in.

Personally, I wouldnt read too much into it...

However, if you want conspiracy theories answer this... how the hell did Matt Kendrick know what was happening inside a house in a part of the world which he has never set foot in before anyone else in Norway knew???

hmmmmmmm........

Someone said on here earlier that Kendrick was probably more ITK than people give him credit for.

He's a great journalist, simple as that. Everyone moaned at him for not bowing to fans' pressure during the McLeish reign and writing what everyone wanted him to, without failing to realise that as a reporter from a local newspaper, he has to keep the club on side. Why? Because then he can break exclusives like he has done tonight. Swings and roundabouts.

Weren't really exclusive since Tim Abraham broke the news a good 20mins before Mat on here.

Whether it was Mat or Tim, my point still stands and actually goes for both of them.

Gazton: Solskjær himself has confirmed to the media that he said no to Villa. Will talk to press tomorrow. (Source: Norwegian media)

Care to elaborate on why you still thought he would come after the news about the rejection broke?

He has not confirmed anything. All he has said is something like: Let's talk tomorrow after training.

He has not confirmed anything. All he has said is something like: Let's talk tomorrow after training.

Surely has to mean "i've decided to stay for family reasons"?

At least some papers where saying that he had confirmed it to them but they didn't provide any quotes. Just said that he had confirmed that he said no.

I don't know the sources for this, but if it's the the paper VG, it's not what he says. According to VG, he was confronted with Brian Doogans statement that he had withdrawn, and said that the club could not confirm anything like that, and reacted worringly that he was no longer a candidate. Ha says that he'll clearify tomorrow, ehhh today actually.

I'll take Klinsmann.

I've been saying this for the last few appointments, i think he would be perfect for us and was my number 1 choice when we got GH and AM and he's still my number 1 choice now...

...maybe that's why Randy went back to the US on the weekend???

:winkold:

So if as it seems this does not happen we need to appoint a a manager who would be accepted as being on a par or better suited to the job than OGS. Anything less would not be acceptable. I am concerned that if we do not have such a manager already in the bag then when this news comes out our decent options will be much reduced.

Why it happened we may never know. It may be that OGS was pressured by his present club or was not happy (as Rodgers was not when he took himself out of contention for the Liverpool job) when asked to interview and then to wait around whilst others were interviewed for the job or he was unhappy when details of the constraints he would be expected to work under were made clear to him later. Or he could be trying to force us into making a decision now one way or the other.

This next appointment has to be a good one. I would have taken Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers or OGS and would not say no to Poyet. I would also take a manager like AVB or someone else who has done things abroad. I just wonder whether we are looking for a manager we will not have to pay anything to a club for (given we have paid so much to recently departed bosses) because he is either not tied to one or is at the end of his contract with one.

At least some papers where saying that he had confirmed it to them but they didn't provide any quotes. Just said that he had confirmed that he said no.

Those papers are using Tidenes Krav (tk.no) as source but reading their article it specifically says the when confronted about turning the job down he avoided the question and said "Let's talk tomorrow".

They also asked the Molde FK Board Chairman and he would not answer.

I don't know about Klinsmann.

He's done well with national teams (not hard with Germany!) but his only club stint at Bayern wasn't that good. National teams and club teams are two totally different things, being a good manager at international level doesn't mean you'll cut it at club level.

Not convinced but I'd take him over Martinez at least.

Those papers are using Tidenes Krav (tk.no) as source but reading their article it specifically says the when confronted about turning the job down he avoided the question and said "Let's talk tomorrow".

They also asked the Molde FK Board Chairman and he would not answer.

:thumb:

That's cleared up then. I would still be interested to hear what Gazton says tomorrow.

This plot is worse than Tolkein's Lord of the Rings and the adventures of Frodo Baggins.

Can't wait for Part 3 in the trilogy after the drama of the first two episodes!

Goodness me...... I smell rats, fishes of the Nordic Fjords, shopping trips to Brum.

............. and a big fat pay rise personally!!