Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Funny how playing on the wing hasnt stopped Weimann scoring?

He doesn't play on the wing? Also Weinmann's work at the other end leave a bit to be desired...

Yes, he works hard but too many times he do the wrong things defensively. I think he'll be a very good striker in the future, though. Talking about Weimann.

Gabby was my motm yesterday, but he wasn't great. But he worked hard and caused them some problems.

I'm not having a pop at Weimann, I think he's doing really well.  

No, I actually agreed with you about his work "in the other end", which I presumed meant the defence. :) And on that I agree that he leaves a lot to desire. Works hard, but not right. In the attack h's a real talent. So, all in all, the conclusion is that I think we agree. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking finish from Gabby today. Over the years he has scored some really important goals for us and today was up there as one of the most important. He was also really unlucky in the second half when he curled a lovely effort just wide.

• Like 1

I think he accidentally slightly copied Weimann's goal celebration. He would be MOM if it wasn't for Benteke being such a beast. He's good with retaining possession, Gabby. The system suits him. 

I agree totally.

Unfortunatly, a few give him shit because hes not Messi, but for me and a lot of Villa, hes one of us and always will be.

I think he accidentally slightly copied Weimann's goal celebration. He would be MOM if it wasn't for Benteke being such a beast. He's good with retaining possession, Gabby. The system suits him. 

I agree totally.

Unfortunatly, a few give him shit because hes not Messi, but for me and a lot of Villa, hes one of us and always will be.

He's a villan for sure, but he's just not very good. For the money he's on we could get two players as good as him

• Like 1

I agree totally.

He's a villan for sure, but he's just not very good. For the money he's on we could get two players as good as him

Stop worrying about our accounts and be happy we have a Gabby in the team right now.

I agree totally.

Stop worrying about our accounts and be happy we have a Gabby in the team right now.

I'm happy he was in the team to score today, but we can do better, despite being shit and not at all attractive to players

I agree totally.

True.

However, would thier heart be in it? :P

We can do better than the whole squad. Gabby is one of our better player. Beggars can't be choosers.

I don't think he is. I'd have him down as one of the overpaid, overrated wastes of money tbh

So you think he should be dropped? He may not be the future for Villa but IMO he is crucial to us at the moment because there is nobody better.

I wouldn't have him as a guaranteed starter. There are opponents where he would be useful, absolutely, but he should be a squad player, not a first team guarantee

So you think he should be dropped? He may not be the future for Villa but IMO he is crucial to us at the moment because there is nobody better.

The point is, the lad is on 60k a week. There shouldnt be anybody better. He needs to be absolutely awesome for that money, which he just isnt.

Very appreciative of the goal Gabby, and agree that he seems to pop up with important goals. But thats what makes it frustrating.

Pop up consistently through the season and Il give you your 60k a week and I may even start to believe the ludicrous myth that he is one of us.

• Like 1

Is he really on 60k? Where did that come from? I don't think that's true. Gabby is essential for our counter attacking - I can't believe people call him lazy because the way I see it he is anything but. He's got so much better on the ball over the last few years but still has the pace. He ruins full-backs and gives us a great outlet. 

Is he really on 60k? Where did that come from? I don't think that's true.

He was made one of our higher earners on his last contract, which put him on relative parity with petrov, dunne etc. So between 50-60k 

I thought Gabby was absolutely atrocious until he scored. Every ball bounced off him, every pass barely went two feet and every attempt to run at them man resulted in Reading running away with the ball.

And then in a goal mouth scramble the ball fell in front of him and he absolutely belted the ball into the roof of the net and he was brilliant thereafter.

• Like 1

Â