Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I am pretty sure Gabby would have done better than a truly awful performance from Wellbeck - who must be on borrowed time for both Man U and England.

doesnt make much sense, wouldnt say he is on borrowed time at all. Fergie and Moyes clearly rate him  and his workrate is among the best among premier league forwards

Told ya.

Gabby has'nt developed as aplayer the last 2 years.He does'nt score enough, he does'nt create enough chance, and if he is on £60k per week like rumoured, hes not worth it.

There was moment in todays game when Townsend got the ball inside Villas area, he run at Luna went past him, and put a shot just over the bar.One minute later Gabby gets the ball inside Spuds penalty area, looks up, and plays the ball back 30 yards.Thats the difference.Gabby has'nt done it, and is not going to, Weimann is still young, Gabby is 26.An impact sub at best for me.

• Like 1

I wasn't shocked.

I floated the idea last week that I wasn't convinced Gabby should start today as like a lot of our squad he's much more suited to away games and too often imo he fails to make a decent impact at Villa Park.

That said I would keep him in for the Everton game as he has the knack of scoring against them.

Weimann needs to be taken out, we really can't keep on persevering with those two at VP as the results and lack of goals indicate this, we need a bit more centrally in home games I think so Tonev or Helenius are worth a go for the next home game I reckon.

Useless at home. Best to only play him away if we are going to play him out wide. 

Yes he was useless but to my eyes he played behind Benteke all day and was never out wide

I disagree, I thought he was placed on the left but drifted inside a lot.

Useless at home. Best to only play him away if we are going to play him out wide. 

Yes he was useless but to my eyes he played behind Benteke all day and was never out wide

Even when Weimann played the whole first half on the left?

Good point. I'm not even sure what role Gabby was playing then? Sort of free role without having any impact whatsoever.

Good point. I'm not even sure what role Gabby was playing then? Sort of free role without having any impact whatsoever.

I doubt it would of mattered where he was played today as he didn't look like he gave a sh1t.

He was behind Benteke the entire game, and drifted out to the left with the ball a few times...not the other way around.

Yep, he played as a second striker today - his general play wasn't too bad, but again he had a chance that he should have put away - no goal in nine games this season and even for a cocky beggar like Gabby that's got to dent his confidence. He needs a goal badly and we need him t find one.

He was behind Benteke the entire game, and drifted out to the left with the ball a few times...not the other way around.

You're probably right. I only really noticed him when he ran the channels so I assumed he played wider. Completely anonymous in the centre. 

Â