All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

I just caught a glance of a stock-pile off Easter eggs in the dining room. I felt a bit sick. Not a fan of all this. I feel pressured into feasting on chocolate until I have a diabetic fit or something.

The lies, fairy-tales, indoctrination, oppression, misogyny, homophobia, corruption and murder I could forgive, but this? Chocolate eggs? Bastards.

• Like 1

543149_524640777574693_1480256869_n.jpg

Always wondered why the bunnys and eggs but never cared enough to google it. I'm assuming because this is on VT it must be true. 

So,....instead of having easter eggs, you should have a good bonk ?

Easter has just become my favourite holiday.

• Like 2

Unbelievable it is. Police going round to bars on Friday and Sunday giving out if patrons are served alcohol without a full meal (no sides, bowl of chips etc). Someone commented in the pwper that they couldn't but a lottery ticket on Friday but packet of cigarettes, of course no problem. This is in NZ which I fooled myself into thinking was a relatively secular country.

I'm going to a talk on the 10th in Soho about Scientology. It's being done by John Sweeney, the chap who lost his rag with them on camera. Any London based people who want to go, link here: http://sohoapril.eventbrite.co.uk/

There's a lot to admire about scientology as a religion. Far fewer paedophiles and is at least based on extra-terrestrial life which; statistically; probably exists. So there's that :)

I'm going to a talk on the 10th in Soho about Scientology. It's being done by John Sweeney, the chap who lost his rag with them on camera. Any London based people who want to go, link here: http://sohoapril.eventbrite.co.uk/

There's a lot to admire about scientology as a religion. Far fewer paedophiles and is at least based on extra-terrestrial life which; statistically; probably exists. So there's that :)

Where's that 'Obvious Troll is Obvious' picture when you need it?

• Like 1

:P I find that giving favourable comparisons to alternative religions over all forms of Christianity to be quite therapeutic. They're all as stupid as each other.

It seems that "The British Council" have conducted a survey in Pakistan prior to elections; widely reported on internet. The results showed that 38% of young Pakistanis didn't think Democracy was working/effective and preferred Sharia Law and 32% favoured Military rule. Hmm - is that slightly worrying? 

They literally do deserve what they get. If it's the will of the people to want something and they get it, then more power to them ... or not, if you get me.

Happened in Weimar Germany too. The anti democrats made sure that every problem was blamed on democracy. That said... 1) Im curious about the gender split on that survey and 2) Education, education, education.

Happened in Weimar Germany too. The anti democrats made sure that every problem was blamed on democracy. That said... 1) Im curious about the gender split on that survey and 2) Education, education, education.

Sounds like Palinism in America.

Â