All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

I think the way to do this is a blend of relentless lectures by rote, condescension, monotone youtube lectures, really really interesting selective data analysis, literal dissection of stories and lazy generalised insults.

Whatever you do, do not try to see things from the other person's perspective, as they are clearly retarded.

It's why the Brexit referendum went so well, so just rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m going to write a book about a story about a man made from choc ices and cheese strings who made the world and everything. He had some good morals that anyone could follow really, kind of like, accepted by society morals, not strictly from his teachings, stuff anyone knows anyway really but yeah, they are still in the book so count right? He was also a completely genocidal maniac who spoke mainly in riddles. He had children made from breeze blocks and kangaroo spittle who spread his message. 

I have no proof of their existence but hopefully thousands of years from now some people might still believe. Who knows. All the genocidal stuff might be excused as ‘mysterious ways’ or ‘trials’ because after all, there were some good morals in his teachings so he wasn’t all bad. Oh and anything you succeed at in life he will take credit for as well.

Again, can’t prove he actually existed but there is a book that says so at least!

Put me down for one mate. 

People can believe whatever they want, people are free to mock those beliefs. People can ignore those beliefs. People can discuss those beliefs. People can agree with those beliefs. As long as the person themselves isn’t the one being insulted and just the belief system then go ahead and mock away.

Religions are myths and legends that some people still choose to believe in while others are unfollowed and have died out.

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

People can believe whatever they want, people are free to mock those beliefs. People can ignore those beliefs. People can discuss those beliefs. People can agree with those beliefs. As long as the person themselves isn’t the one being insulted and just the belief system then go ahead and mock away.

Religions are myths and legends that some people still choose to believe in while others are unfollowed and have died out.

By extension, you'd have to agree it's fine to mock their mockery?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s seems Christianity comes in for the most stick on here. 

In that case you really misunderstood. Christianity gets talked about most but that’s not the same thing.It gets talked about most because it’s the religion most of us rejected and therefore the one we know most about and the religion that most of the others on here claim to be.

For the record, it’s all dangerous bullshit

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s seems Christianity comes in for the most stick on here. 

It's the one that's likely been encountered most by your average British person, given its baked itself into society.

I'll happily give them all stick. Yes even that one. They're all bollocks.

• Like 3

My mockery and ridicule isn’t exclusive to Christianity. It applies to anything that believes in invisible pixies, fairies, gods, prophets, Loch Ness monster etc...

@Seat68 I can watch people wrestle on telly or live. I can prove it exists. But yeah, mock away, you have to be a bit self deprecating to be a wrestling fan anyway. 

I seriously don’t hate or dislike anyone who has chosen to follow a religion. I hate the religion itself and the indoctrination from an early age that muddies logical and clear thinking.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

My mockery and ridicule isn’t exclusive to Christianity. It applies to anything that believes in invisible pixies, fairies, gods, prophets, Loch Ness monster etc...

@Seat68 I can watch people wrestle on telly or live. I can prove it exists. But yeah, mock away, you have to be a bit self deprecating to be a wrestling fan anyway. 

I seriously don’t hate or dislike anyone who has chosen to follow a religion. I hate the religion itself and the indoctrination from an early age that muddies logical and clear thinking.

I agree on all points. Hate religion not the followers. My dig at wrestling was actually aimed at you to be honest. It was a toss up between wrestling and cricket for a dig, and wrestling won. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I agree on all points. Hate religion not the followers. My dig at wrestling was actually aimed at you to be honest. It was a toss up between wrestling and cricket for a dig, and wrestling won. 

Cricket is for gentlemen. Wrestling is for kids who still believe in the tooth fairy. I know what side I’m on. 

• Haha 2

“I believe in Gods and Devils and seen supernatural stuff”

”Wrestling (an actual thing) is for kids who believe in the tooth fairy”.

🤔

Im going with wind up merchant 😁. Fair play Ruge.

Unless your not and I still love you anyway!

Edited by Ingram85

Just now, Ingram85 said:

🤔

I’ve experienced the supernatural. I stopped watching wresting  when I was 10 and a half because I found out it wasn’t real. Do you like bread? 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

🤔

Im going with wind up merchant 😁. Fair play Ruge.

Unless your not and I still love you anyway!

Seriously , I can get done for posting for a reaction which I once did when I winded a few up on here when I said West Brom was a bigger club than villa. I do believe in something after death. At this moment in time I’m spiritually into Christianity. 

Â