All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

On 04/06/2019 at 08:01, snowychap said:

Why do you associate that with religion?

If we are God's children, then God is in us, a part of our being. We are essentially a form of the universe experiencing itself, if you think about it. We're not strangers here.

I don't believe a connection to God or anything spiritual requires a church or religious organisation/faction, they should only serve as a reminder through the purpose of their actions.

Even the most pathologically disturbed understand what is considered good and right. It's inherent and innate in all of us.

If your inner world is sound, with both piece and peace of mind, you need not rely on the dogma or commandments of an entity that may have lost touch.

There's a speech by Muhammad Ali which I would like to add here, but perhaps 10 minutes is more than desirable for my response.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For some the evidence of God is all around us. Maybe God is the universe.

So why does it need another word?

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

So why does it need another word?

I don’t know. Either way we should worship, care and love our universe/god . If god is the universe then Jesus would be the son of god, and we all would be children of god like A’ Villan said. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t know. Either way we should worship, care and love our universe/god . If god is the universe then Jesus would be the son of god, and we all would be children of god like A’ Villan said. 

I'm not worshipping nature. That would be a bit crazy. Which Jesus do you mean?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

If we are God's children, (We ain't)then God is in us (She ain't), a part of our being. We are essentially a form of the universe experiencing itself (So what  ? ), if you think about it. We're not strangers here.(That's exactly what we are )

I don't believe a connection to God or anything spiritual requires a church or religious organisation/faction, they should only serve as a reminder through the purpose of their actions.

Even the most pathologically disturbed understand what is considered good and right. It's inherent and innate in all of us. (Complete tosh, morality is subjective)

If your inner world is sound, with both piece and peace of mind, you need not rely on the dogma or commandments of an entity that may have lost touch. (Or was never in touch at all.)

There's a speech by Muhammad Ali which I would like to add here, but perhaps 10 minutes is more than desirable for my response.

Â