General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Grayson? **** THAT.

More or less experience than OGS?

Got sacked from West Brom, that's enough for me. Sure he won the Champions league, but Chelsea have a different quality squad than us. West Brom on the other hand had a similar squad to us.

The Baggies lost 3-0 at Manchester City on Saturday and the club said a run of 13 defeats in 18 games was the reason for the decision

I couldn't take those sort of results for another season.

We might aswell go make John Terry our manager.

Not....sure....if....serious.

Too right i am. The old boys at Chelsea got AVB the sack. They gave the job to RDM because he's another soft manager. He wouldn't dare challenge Terry or Lampard. What do you think would happen here with Dunne, Collins and alcoholic Herd?

article-2118158-122C4592000005DC-835_468x359.jpg

Eh? I asked if Grayson had more or less experience than OGS?

Sorry, i quoted you by accident. I really don't know about Grayson. I have friends who are Leeds supporters and they were telling me how shit he was. After seeing how highly people spoke about OGS and what style of football he played, i got attached to the fact he was the one for us. Now he's pulled out i think i'd be disappointed with even Lambert.

When did lambert rule himself out ?

Jeez dropping like flies

(not that I wanted lambert)

I still have not seem anything from Lambert??

Why the hell was the PL thread locked so quickly? Can someone post it here?

It's on the BBC website

PL describes suggestion he will leave Norwich as "absolute nonsense"

That's good news IMHO as he's taking them down next season

Listen, this RDM thing. He didn't win the CL final, Bayern Munich lost it. They defended the Germans to the point of boredom and used a get out of jail free card for an equaliser, and then another one as Robben fluffed his lines in extra time.

Bayern had 55% of the posession, 21 out of 34 shots on target and 20 corners. If RDM had been managing our team in that match we'd have lost about 8-0.

Should RL/PF think that RDM's "achievements" make him a good managerial candidate for us they've quite frankly lost the plot.

I bet there was no formal offer but Randy told OGS to take the weekend to think over his interest and the whirlwind of a firestorm started and the wife got cold feet or really hated the turmoil and it was all off-putting. It's easier to stay than it is to go and they opted to not move forward with a formal offer.

We were all excited about a manager with little experience just because he was a name we recognized. Whilst managers with more experience like Grayson are sneered at, yes that makes sense!

Fans should be ignored, we know very little about running a football club; we might have knowledge of certain aspects but not as a whole. Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it a few years now, so them knowing nothing at the start had some weight, but how many years do they have to do it for us to actually think they know what they are doing?

Its certainly not as black and white as saying, get him he's good. Job done!

Most of us were excited by OGS for reasons far beyond simply recognising his name. Grayson was sacked from his last job in the Championship. OGS has just won the league in his first job in Norway.

The fans were ignored last time. Turns out they were 100% right. This time 80-odd percent of fans wanted OGS, which is pretty overwhelming support for somebody. Worth asking the question "Are they onto something here?" at least.

The record of RL and PF in terms of appointing managers is one of FAILURE. Experience counts for absolutely nothing if you aren't very good at it and cannot LEARN.

That said, credit does go to RL for spending his money on the club and doing an excellent job with VP itself. I'm not ungrateful, just frustrated to the point of murder/suicide :)

When did lambert rule himself out ?

Jeez dropping like flies

(not that I wanted lambert)

I still have not seem anything from Lambert??

Why the hell was the PL thread locked so quickly? Can someone post it here?

It's on the BBC website

PL describes suggestion he will leave Norwich as "absolute nonsense"

That's good news IMHO as he's taking them down next season

You mean this article? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18173465

He's not saying anything about not going, he's said that "I never said I'm leaving. I've said I never know what's going to happen tomorrow. I absolutely love it here. I've loved my time here," which I don't see as ruling out of the moving to Villa.

Andreas Meier Eide ‏@andymeide

OGS talked it over with his family on monday, they all wanted to stay in Norway...

From the press conference for those who still care.

Any decent up and coming German managers that might be attainable?
Sascha Lewandowski at Bayer Leverkusen, just been appointed joint-coach alongside Sami Hyypiä. They both stood in as caretakers for the 6 games after Robin Dutt was sacked and they were both offered new contracts off the back of their performances. As the more 'household name' I imagine Hyypiä will be taking the lead, but Lewandowski's had a lot of success with Leverkusen's youth team and VfL Bochum's youth/II teams before that. I think he's got something like a 70% win ratio over 200+ matches, and he tends to utilise systems built on a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which I envision could work well for us.

841314-14329192-640-360.jpg

So is this Domingos Paciencia guy any good?

He has a win ratio of 46% in his managerial career but averaged 55% at his last 2 clubs of Braga and Sporting. He got Braga to the 2011 Europa League Final.

He got sacked from Lisbon after just 33 games despite winning 18 of them, drawing 9 and losing 6, his major signing at Sporting was Ricky van Wolfswinkel

was also AVB favourite player ;)

played awful football at Braga but made them competitive

I want someone fresh, who looks forward, has a clear style of play, tired of our attack looking like they dont know where to run. I really just want us too have a plan behind what we are doing beyond long ball up front, loosing it and being put under pressure again (this looping for 90 minutes + added time).

I dont demand us fighting for europe spots as long as there is progress in our style of play and that we actually try to win games.