General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

"Roma, Fiorentina, Valencia e Liverpool são outros clubes que estarão interessados em Villas-Boas". I guess he might prefer one of those 4 over us if he had the choice.

But Villas for Villa has a real ring to it and it would offer him an opportunity to prove Roman wrong over the next 5 seasons by building us up from where we are now to a proper team as he did at Porto.

But he would want real money to spend straight away to hit the ground running next season rather than to rely on Bosmans and to have to apply a strict wage structure to any new signings. It is a very nice thought but we know deep down this is highly unlikely to happen which is a pity.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Internacional/interior.aspx?content_id=756076

Villas Boas may sign for 5 years with Villa. He will lead an ambicious project.

Run threw a Google translator:

Aston Villa is the latest club to be included in the group interested in the services of the Portuguese coach Andre Villas-Boas, revealed on Thursday the Spanish website "fichajes.net.

According to the news, the English club will be preparing a proposal very attractive financially to convince Villas-Boas to sign for 5 years, leading an ambitious project.

Roma, Fiorentina, Valencia and Liverpool are other clubs that are interested in Villas-Boas

To be honest there is no doubt we'll offer him enough salary wise given we are paying McLeish more than he ever got at Chelsea, but I doubt we'll be able to offer him a transfer budget big enough. AVB will be wanting at least £30 million a season, wage budget may not be as important as he'll buy from the Continent but he needs that upfront cash which he may not get.

Yes great post by GENTLEMAN but to play devil's advocate AVFC you can argue is already interwoven into the community and we already have a decent youth set-up.

Youth-set up is indeed 'decent', however very limited in scope and breadth of network. Must be widened to cope with demands of modern day football. On local kids, this gent understands that the club run development sessions, but are limited to a number of sessions throughout the year and they are a little pressured and focused on 'talent spotting'. More emphasis on small games, working on touch, technique and should be fun. Sessions that are widespread throughout the city similar to social clubs, offer free merchandise and ticket give-aways, emphasise on getting young fans. Could be advocated that the club is community based, however more could be done, view the likes of Ajax and Feyenoord. Returns to age old business vs community, has the working gent been priced out.

Many feel disillusioned, including this Gentleman, look at Blackeye Rovers and to some extend Villa. Fans should have some capacity on the board regarding decision making, Swansea fans have 20% stake, also elected fan on the board and German football demands fan involvement. Again is it a business or an arm of the community.

On topic, the Gentleman would welcome the majority of names mentioned with the proviso of the emphasis on the long term project, (in a non Steve Kean corrupt way) and just a little joy and excitement at the games.

AVB is slightly more likely than the Ancelotti fiasco, as he does not require a massive wage package nor, as some people seem to believe, a large transfer budget (30m+). It'd be a fantastic move since every spastic around thinks he's this monumental failure.

Just to put the naysayers in their place and their AVB WILL NEVER COME HE DEMANDS CL FOOTBALL AND 8 MIL PER YEAR (you really have no clue the type of manager he is), I definitely think the guy is after a job that will give him security and longevity rather than another high pressure one season to prove himself, I highly doubt it will be with us though, unfortunately.

To be honest there is no doubt we'll offer him enough salary wise given we are paying McLeish more than he ever got at Chelsea, but I doubt we'll be able to offer him a transfer budget big enough. AVB will be wanting at least £30 million a season, wage budget may not be as important as he'll buy from the Continent but he needs that upfront cash which he may not get.

You think we pay Mcleish more than AVB earned at Chelsea?!?!

AVB is slightly more likely than the Ancelotti fiasco, as he does not require a massive wage package nor, as some people seem to believe, a large transfer budget (30m+). It'd be a fantastic move since every spastic around thinks he's this monumental failure.

Just to put the naysayers in their place and their AVB WILL NEVER COME HE DEMANDS CL FOOTBALL AND 8 MIL PER YEAR (you really have no clue the type of manager he is), I definitely think the guy is after a job that will give him security and longevity rather than another high pressure one season to prove himself, I highly doubt it will be with us though, unfortunately.

I think his pride has been dented and he has a point to prove, we would be as good as any other football club for him to turn things around. If anything I would think we are prime candidates.

Really don’t think there is any chance of AVB coming back to England, never mind Villa Park.

Realistically we need a manager who can flourish under the conditions they will be forced to operate in at Villa.

We need someone who has a proven record of working under a tight budget, getting the best from the players he has and playing attractive football. If you add the crazy stipulation for Prem experience then we’re left with

Martinez or Olly!! :P

I would love AVB to be our manager. He is absolute quality. He was never going to succeed at Chelsea given the need to clear out the aging squad and when the club captain and club talisman are personal friends of the owner AVB was never going to win that battle.

It won't happen because there are too many other "big" clubs floating around that would be much more attractive and I doubt Randy/ Faulkner have the balls to take such a risk.

Would Love AVB, think he is fantastic manager.. And you can't base him on what he done at chelsea, he was trying to change the philosophy and did it to quick.. I mean his win % at Porto was 88% not even Jose can boast that.. We would be lucky to get him!!