General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Interesting piece in Birmingham Mail by Kendrick this morning....

3 names on shortlist for Villa job including Martinez & Lambert

I wonder who the 3rd name is?

I have said before Kendrick is far more in the know than anyone these days and definately out of all the journalists gets more snippets than anyone from Villa . Interesting bit about behind the closed doors meeting with Martinez representatives . I think Lerner making sure that RM will take it ibefore we ask Wigan official permission to speak to him . Whelan though will no doubt still want his say to all and sundry

Totally agree MM Kendrick knows more than he's letting on.

Anyone else seen the tweet off the B'ham Mail this morning?

Birmingham Mail @birminghammail

#Avfc have three names on shortlist: Martinez, Lambert and one other. B'ham Mail Article Who do you think mystery man is? #avfcmysteryman

Riddles!

As it happens there is a twitter account called AVFCMysteryman and he says it's Lambert.

Were the B'ham Mail winding this guy up with their post?.... I don't know.

If you have an in the know journalist that goes quiet at key times, as a fan, you begin to wonder what the real point of journalism is. It becomes little more than club-sanctioned soundbites. It's completely pointless. I can read all the saccharin crap on the official website :rant:

If there is a 3rd Julie, I would think it is RDM.

However, I think @birminghammail are just trying to get interaction and web traffic. Both Mat & Tim think Martinez & Lambert are the fore runners and that Villa are in advanced stages. I think the 3rd name was a throw away back covering line.

I would be shocked if it wasn't PL or RM

I'm not that fussed with Lambert but Wiz, if you think he's definitely staying because of some random article about next season you're living in cloud canary land.

What do you expect him to do, avoid all questions on what happens next season just in case he's offered a job?

From what I've seen and heard he's been nothing but cagey and evasive on questions regarding his future. Which would annoy me if I were a Norwich fan. If he's offered the job (with Norwich's approval of course) I believe he will take it. Big if though at the moment.

We have the advantage of knowing how he talks to the local press Mazrim, with respect, you dont.

Down here, in all his interviews, he clearly says he's going no where. We call it 'Lambert Speak', that has not changed for 3 years now.

We also have a CEO who said we would not welcome or give permission for clubs to speak to him.

Hope that helps.

Right, cloud canary land it is then. So he answers differently depending on the exposure of the media organisation asking them? What utter bollocks. Where does he say, categorically, that he's going nowhere?

And you can quote your Farmers Weekly or whatever it is.

What else do you expect your CEO to say, "yes, come and get him and dont worry about the compensation"?

No offence mate but you're very naive in these matters. We know all about players and managers "going nowhere". It's nothing but lip service.

Hope that helps.

Again, with respect, you have no experience of how PL operates, we have 3 years on you.

Secondly, you have no idea how Norwich deal with speculation, I have 53 years on you.

How Villa operate I haven't a clue nor would I have the arrogance to compare our two clubs.

I'm confident Lambert will remain our manager....I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Mat Kendrick says by Monday Villa will have a new manager - that could mean Friday may be our day :D

EDIT: That's if everything goes to plan for RL and PF ;)

"Right, I'm off for an inconveniently, inconsiderately timed holiday. Villa intend to appoint new boss while I am away, ideally by Monday"

Tweeted by: @MatKendrick

If you have an in the know journalist that goes quiet at key times, as a fan, you begin to wonder what the real point of journalism is. It becomes little more than club-sanctioned soundbites. It's completely pointless. I can read all the saccharin crap on the official website :rant:

:lol::lol:

Totally agree.

A few bookies have taken it down

Paddypower, betVictor, ToteSport, SportingBet, Bwin, 188Bet,

Sign something could happen soon?

Or is there another reason for this I cant think of?

Na they are probably running scared as they dont know whats going on, one thing bookies hate and thats not being ITK. I think the other man is Poyet by the way.

:nod: :thumb:

I'm not that fussed with Lambert but Wiz, if you think he's definitely staying because of some random article about next season you're living in cloud canary land.

What do you expect him to do, avoid all questions on what happens next season just in case he's offered a job?

From what I've seen and heard he's been nothing but cagey and evasive on questions regarding his future. Which would annoy me if I were a Norwich fan. If he's offered the job (with Norwich's approval of course) I believe he will take it. Big if though at the moment.

We have the advantage of knowing how he talks to the local press Mazrim, with respect, you dont.

Down here, in all his interviews, he clearly says he's going no where. We call it 'Lambert Speak', that has not changed for 3 years now.

We also have a CEO who said we would not welcome or give permission for clubs to speak to him.

Hope that helps.

Right, cloud canary land it is then. So he answers differently depending on the exposure of the media organisation asking them? What utter bollocks. Where does he say, categorically, that he's going nowhere?

What else do you expect your CEO to say, "yes, come and get him and dont worry about the compensation"?

No offence mate but you're very naive in these matters. We know all about players and managers "going nowhere". It's nothing but lip service.

Hope that helps.

Again, with respect, you have no experience of how PL operates, we have 3 years on you.

Secondly, you have no idea how Norwich deal with speculation, I have 53 years on you.

How Villa operate I haven't a clue nor would I have the arrogance to compare our two clubs.

I'm confident Lambert will remain our manager....I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

So why are you here if your that confident?

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

So why are you here if your that confident?

I don't like to see people chasing wild geese.

Firstly, you have no idea of the depth of my knoweldge of Paul Lambert. He wasn't hatched in a factory in Norwich you know, he's been around a while now.

Secondly, in this modern world with computers and so on, I have access to pretty much everything you have. Also, why would I need to have such in depth knowledge of him to gauge what he means from a quote or how Norwich "deal with speculation"?

If you think there is some exclusive way your club deals with speculation you're a lunatic. Football clubs are actually very predictable organisations.

They are bullish, they make claims, they're secretive and everything happens behind close doors and is rarely consistent with what you hear in the press at any level.

So sorry, I'm not impressed with your experience nor do I see it's relevance. And I'm glad you're confident he will remain your manager as I'm not in love with the idea of him coming to Villa (I dont hate the idea either). Nor do I wish Norwich anything but good luck. I like seeing clubs stick with their manager.

But I suspect you're basing your confidence on something other than his getting fed up with being asked questions on his future, being deliberately evasive and obtuse in the process and talking of his tenure in the past tense because it wouldn't fill me with too much confidence.

And you still havent provided one quote which categorically states he will not be leaving. And if you did, what is that worth nowadays?

I understand how the idea of him possibly leaving is distasteful to you. But I still think you're naive.