General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The thought of Martinez as villa boss is totally underwhelming & uninspiring

The hype surrounding the man has been sensationalised beyond all belief, anyone would think he's the reincarnation of Bill Shankly

This! No real money to spend with us so at best keep us up. I would rather gamble with a young up and coming manager.

If he gets it I hope he proves me wrong.

No I dont like the fact that we would be his back up option but to be fair how many managers have we gone for and gone for a "back up" works both ways.

I want something new and fresh down VP, something for the future

A young and upcoming manager like Martinez?

The hype surrounding the man has been sensationalised beyond all belief, anyone would think he's the reincarnation of Bill Shankly

This! No real money to spend with us so at best keep us up. I would rather gamble with a young up and coming manager.

If he gets it I hope he proves me wrong.

No I dont like the fact that we would be his back up option but to be fair how many managers have we gone for and gone for a "back up" works both ways.

I want something new and fresh down VP, something for the future

Think you hit the nail on the head there with the word 'GAMBLE'

Wouldn't be disappointed with Martinez. He would make us interesting again plus I think the likes of Gardner, Bannan, Ireland, N'zgobia and Albrighton would do well under his style.

Agreed about Ireland and N'Zogbia. However, i would hope after seeing them play, Gardner, Bannan and Albrighton will be sold and replaced with better quality.

If we want to achieve something at Villa you go out and get the manager to do this if we were ambitious we would go for a manager such as AVB or Rafa

I dont understand statements like this, to me they are designed as a stick to beat the club with as you can always say it, when in reality its not as black and white as that.

Some manager's just wont fancy managing us, whether we have a billion pounds for players or not and i dont think we do, the owner cannot afford it i assume, we cannot all have oil rich owners.

I just hope whoever it is, is backed by the board AND the fans, as i've said before us as fans really do not help matters by pissing and moaning so much.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Right, I'm off for an inconveniently, inconsiderately timed holiday. Villa intend to appoint new boss while I am away, ideally by Monday

Fits in with what Colley tweeted last night....

I'm going to take a stab it's Lambert not RM cos of intel over past few days...but who knows after OGS saga.

:shock: :shock:

We still talking about Martinez? He's about as young and up and coming as you can get....

I still don't think we're after RM, more likely Lambert or someone outside UK, given that Lerner went after OGS even though he was not his first choice - and going after someone relatively "unknown" as manager I think RL has some football people consulting him.

I think its Lambert too. Would take either manager. I just think Lambert has a bit more about him.

Agreed.

I actually think Lambert might be a slightly better fit as he does have an aura about him. I think he could get the likes of Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Gabby playing better. Where as I think Martinez would fire up N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Makoun.

If we are picking between those two, I think the club is in safe hands for me.

Wouldn't be disappointed with Martinez. He would make us interesting again plus I think the likes of Gardner, Bannan, Ireland, N'zgobia and Albrighton would do well under his style.

Agreed about Ireland and N'Zogbia. However, i would hope after seeing them play, Gardner, Bannan and Albrighton will be sold and replaced with better quality.

McLeish strangled the creativity out of our team though. Look at N'Zogbia as an example. If he came out of our reserves last year he would have been written off too. I think that our youngsters deserve a chance under a new manager before we write them off as failures.

Have to say I would take Lambert or Martinez. Martinez is an exciting prospect with the way he likes to play the game but he's also much more of a risk factor, with the worry of leaking goals. Lambert isn't going to take any crap from anyone that's for sure.

Any thoughts on comparing Norwich's and Wigan's squads? A lot of people on here reckon RM did brilliantly to keep Wigan up, do we thing Norwich's squad is stronger or has PL done a better job than RM?

Bannan and Albrighton for me can go

Gardner has something about him and he needs the right coach to bring it out to the full potential

So even when we were broke last season we spent 20 mill. Was that not real money??

Now with a few more off the wage bill, I think there maybe a few quid down the back of the sofa.

Stop being a drama queen. We will spend, we have never not spent anything at all.

I think its Lambert too. Would take either manager. I just think Lambert has a bit more about him.

I actually think Lambert might be a slightly better fit as he does have an aura about him. I think he could get the likes of Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Gabby playing better.

That's just it though, I think Lambert would get these players playing better. But I think Martinez would get rid of these players. I'd rather we got rid. If Dunne or Collins ever sign a new contract I will literally cry.

We will find out soon enough whether it's RM as Whelan will spill the beans, but I think it may be Lambert who I would be happy with just to piss the Norwich fans off!

Think its you that'll be pissed off, does this sound like a guy jumping ship?

Check date.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_paul_lambert_wants_to_do_more_than_survive_in_premier_league_1_1390765

i just cant see it being lambert as much as i wnat him here. why there has been no approach thus far is beyond me. also i dont think lambert will like the fact that he is not first choice

You don't know any of that for a fact. He could be, and we could have approached him, the fact it isn't all over the papers doesn't mean it isn't happening.