General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

This discussion is about people being ITK or not. I believe people who were ITK on OGS merely jumped the gun and it bit them on the ass in the last minute. That doesn't mean they made stuff up leading up to that point. And that's the key for me. They are still privvy to ITK stuff. They just should've held off on the '100% done' posts while it was still only 'highly likely'.

This discussion is about people being ITK or not. I believe people who were ITK on OGS merely jumped the gun and it bit them on the ass in the last minute. That doesn't mean they made stuff up leading up to that point. And that's the key for me. They are still privvy to ITK stuff. They just should've held off on the '100% done' posts while it was still only 'highly likely'.

Spot on BOF, even Gazton was sure it was OGS....He also still thought it would be him when the papers were saying he is staying at Molde because he didn't want to move his family.

So something must have been said to all these ITK's to make them sure he was coming to Villa.

Nope, the ITKs were just guessing & hoping it panned out with OGS to boost their ITK reputation

It didn't and it bit them right in the ass & showed how little they actually know

the ITKs

This also requires to sort the wheat from the chaff. If you lump all 'ITKs' together then you've already missed the point. There's only very few that know anything IMO. And it is those who didn't lose credibility with me.

Nope, the ITKs were just guessing & hoping it panned out with OGS to boost their ITK reputation

It didn't and it bit them right in the ass & showed how little they actually know

What happened to you being ITK about Poyet?

To be fair to CI that night he was probably shopping in Morrsions and not Tescos.

Supposed ITK's have lost the little credibility they had this summer

Not Fourth Official. If there is one Twitter ITK that is genuine, it is them.

Ah the guy that said OGS was our new manager. Done and dusted. Then he deleted the tweet.

How were they supposed to know that OGS would change his mind?

Trust me, Fourth Official is 100% reliable. I've been following them for over a year and they consistently get stuff spot on.

As someone who does go on Twitter a fair bit and knowing how 'wild west' it really is I am automatically cynical about anything said by someone who claims to be ITK.

Assuming 'Fourth Official' was ITK why delete the tweet? If he was so close to the action why did he not break the news that OGS had backed out and the reasons why.

I don't dismiss the possibility that people on Twitter or on VT are in ITK on occasion but I would make two observations based on what happens on here.

Firstly some posters, in my opinion, hang on every post they make and are begging for 'updates'. Secondly the so called ITKs seem to get an awful lot wrong, not just a bit wrong, but completely wrong.

Poyet on holiday so no news

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

1. One of the best training facilities in Europe..

2. Darren Bent.. One of the best strikers in the Premier League right now and one of the highest scorers. He's 3rd or 4th behind players like Rooney and Drogba*.

3. We have great finances and sure while we are trying to lower wage bills don't take that as meaning we lack the funds to spend serious money if we need to.

4. Samir Carruthers.. By far our brightest youth player and he plays like Nasri. The kid could be the next big thing and he's shown it every minute he's played for us so far.

5. Youth set up.. Carruthers isn't the only bright spark in our extended squad. We have players like Gardner, Johnson, Herd and Clark who in their own right could become some of the leagues best. We may even see them show that more often next season.

Personally those 5 reasons ignoring the obvious salary you get and the freedom the chairman gives you to do what you like are reasons enough to join the club. Yes we have some flaws that need fixing, but we also have lots of things to excite potential managers.

*When I say highest scorer I mean of players currently playing not the likes of Henry..

Why are people debating the credibilty of strangers who post things on the internet? Nobody knows how credible they are either way.

Unless it comes from faulkner or lerner its all rumour, they make the decision in the end.

People can also be temporary ITKs as well.

Odd bits sometimes come from the most unexpected of sources, without any planning.

Some might be drivel but it's unfair to just dismiss it all out of hand as tosh. I suppose it's a matter of trusting the person who

passes it on as well and what their motive is......... taking the context of the info they pass on ....comparing it with any other

circumstantial evidence and then sitting back and seeing if it comes to fruition.

What would some VTers prefer..... NO ITK?.....NO rumours off twitter, press et al?

Flip we'd end up discussing the OS & nothing else!

BTW Someone posted Michael Laudrop with the ITK sign earlier? Did anyone ask if he was joking etc?

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

Are you actually flippin serious?!! :x

Engage your brain there for a minute and you will realise that we are in the top 30 biggest clubs in world football both by revenue and wages.

In England we have the 2 Manchester Clubs, 3 London Clubs and Liverpool who are ahead of us.

Outside of England the top 4 in Spain, the top 3 in Germany the top 4-5 in Italy and the top 2-3 in France.

The Villa job is a massive job in club football. We just need our board to sell it right.

But what players have we got Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent. The majority of people on here want the back 4 gone so that leaves us with Given, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent and a few kids. Ive no doubting that the villa job is a huge job but we are in right trouble of going down at the minute without an overhaul of the squad, we simply have not got the quality we used to have. Its not so long ago we had a back line with Mellberg Laursen Bouma. A midfield with Young Barry Petrov Milner. What have we got at the moment?

Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Nzogbia, Makoun, Gabby & Bent…….All of these players are internationals and would all pick up contracts at Premiership clubs.

Any decent manager should relish the chance to work with our squad of players. Get the best out of the ones he thinks he can work with best and move the rest of them on.