General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

It's quiet but keep into perspective it's the weekend

Things will gather a pace next week im sure

It's been quiet ever since the OGS saga. Think MM came on here once on Wednesday morning but that was it. We've heard absolutely nothing since then.

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

I'm sorry, but I don't get your reasoning here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you think:

Say Blackburn approach OGS, he says thanks but no thanks. You assume he then goes back home to his family and say: Listen guys, today I turned down a English club that I wasn't interested in managing at all therefore we should have a talk about moving to England?

All right, no one wants to move.

OGS then get approach by Aston Villa and says: Damn that sounds interesting, sure I'll fly down for a chat, since my family don't want to move in the first place, then I'll say I want the job, wait a week, then tell them I'll be staying at Molde FK because of the family, when in truth I did not like their offer even though I've gotten no offer yet.

Don't you think he had this talk with his family when there actually was a great possibility they would be moving? Or do you think he goes around telling his children they'll be moving every time a foreign club comes knocking on the door even though he's not interested in managing them in the first place?

I personally would not as a father have a discussion about moving with my 8-10 years old children if there wasn't a 99% chance of it happening unless they themselves did not want to move.

People should not hang on every word of supposed iTks

Absolutely right on that Richard. Most of the ITKs have patchy records to say the least. I'm sure they do hear inside information but it's a proven fact that they are often wrong, such as over the appointment of McLeish and maybe more recently over OGS.

What they say is interesting but I think it should be treated with caution rather than being seen as gospel.

We all know the personal reasons were bullshit. We didn't offer him the job or/didn't like randys vision...or he got blackmailed by the mafia owners/payrise. My point is during OGS saga.. rumours and itk were flying out.. now since then no rumours of anyone being approached? Maybe because noone has

Why can't people accept that OGS didn't come because his kids didn't want to come? He said himself that his kids were happy in Norway and did not want to move. Him and his wife getting on the plane suggests that they wanted to, but ultimately his kids are a major factor in his decision.

Maybe he needed to man up then. The kids would have made new friends and got on with it at the end of the day. Anyway, he was a fool for turning us down so let's move on.

Don't you think he had this talk with his family when there actually was a great possibility they would be moving?

Yes I do think they've talked about it,probably alot because they've already made a major move once from England to Norway.

I think Ole never in a million years expected a team like Villa to approach him so soon,and I think it was a total surprise and he got carried away.

I think you're also right about the kids wanting to stay while the parents probably would be swayed to move again had the offer come.

I don't quite get why this would be any different in say a year,it would make alot more sense to me if he said "I moved my family to my home country and I want my children to get to know Norway and we'll be staying for at least 5 years before moving back to England".

Cheers. :cheers:

At West Brom he played very attacking football, reckless at times. At least the matches against Barca and Bayern show he is willing to adapt his tactics... and it worked!

If Mourinho had won the Champions League with Chelsea in the same manner, people would be calling him a tactical genius.

He tried to play football in the correct manner and it didnt work in the premiership. Leaking goals and not getting enough results. Im all for a manager coming in who wants to play football but I want one who can do it well enough to get results.

If he isnt good enough for baggies why on earth is he good enough for us ? Havent we learnt the lesson of appointing managers who aint good enough for local rivals?

Im not saying he is a bad manager but we are at the begining of a massive rebuild job and i cant understand why anyone would think RDM has proven credentials to take over us, rebuild our club and push us up the table.

His league form with Chelsea wasnt great, he got outplayed in every single Champs league game he managed but managed to scrape through, which he should take some credit for he instilled a great sense of pride, togetherness and work rate in that side but is that do with his managerial skills or the fact he is a Chelsea legend and the players had rallied around him after the AVB situation.

he has done admirabbly at Chelsea but there is a reason why they arent offering him a brand new contract after he won the only trophy RA has been after since coming to England. I dont want him.

The way I see it is - we **** up somewhere along the lines with OGS. We discussed things with him, but there was something there that I think 'scared' him away... We don't know what, never will. Move on.

So, next for us is to do some research. I'm happy for this to take as long as needed to ensure we get the correct person. If we take our time and end up with Southgate, I am going to be livid. That is not progress, that is not the man to have us playing attractive football and certainly isn't someone who can implement a philosophy that will be admired by many.

I can't wait to see some news on how we are getting on in our search, I'm bored now of going through a working day, checking Twitter at certain times to see if there is any news and there not being. Very boring. But this makes me think that our guys are working hard to get us the right man.

Time will tell...

I think MM's reputation has taken massive knocks since the McLeish and OGS farces. There's only a few people who still follow him like sheep despite him failing to be correct since the Darren Bent signing (which was nothing spectacular considering other non-ITK's also had the same info).

The Trees will be missed, though - he reports the facts and never misleads people with made up nonsense.

Lambert seems to have become odds on favourite again. Not sure how much I should actually listen to odds anymore though

Yeah, he has moved from around 7/1 to 2/1 on betfair over the past couple of days.

It's interesting because I'm not sure what it's based on; there hasn't been much in the press about him since he said he was happy at Norwich.

Lambert seems to have become odds on favourite again. Not sure how much I should actually listen to odds anymore though

Yeah, he has moved from around 7/1 to 2/1 on betfair over the past couple of days.

It's interesting because I'm not sure what it's based on; there hasn't been much in the press about him since he said he was happy at Norwich.

It don't take the media to move someone's odds. Only takes a few people to just have a random £10 bet to make his odds shift.

I think MM's reputation has taken massive knocks since the McLeish and OGS farces. There's only a few people who still follow him like sheep despite him failing to be correct since the Darren Bent signing (which was nothing spectacular considering other non-ITK's also had the same info).

The Trees will be missed, though - he reports the facts and never misleads people with made up nonsense.

Harsh. I don’t think MM ever says he’s the gospel. He gets some knowledge and passes it on. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong. The only fault is he’s called himself “Mystery Man”, which sounds like a slightly silly character out of Walliams/Lucas comedy vehicle.

Take all the ITKs with a pinch of salt, and it will be ok...