General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

But Molde paid him more? Either we are more fcked than first thought or that is rubbish

Thats what he has actually said tonight. Whether it is a cover story for net being offered the job or whether he feels obligated to molde i dont suppose we will find out.

Am I the only one that hasn't completely ruled out OGS? I know it seems to be all over but the complete silence of the last few days and how the club are apparently "relaxed" about the managerial search makes me wonder whether everything is as it seems. Gazton also said that his contact said to "expect drama" and that he wouldn't be able to speak to his contact again until the weekend. Strangely enough we haven't seen Gazton on here for days. I thought he'd be back to tell us what was going on.

I dunno, I'm not getting my hopes up and I certainly won't be putting any bets on it but at the same time I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was announced as Villa manager on June 1st.

To be honest I'm stumped right now. I have absolutely no idea who our next manager will be.

Didn't Molde put up on their website that he was staying and as a thank you for him staying they were making tickets to their games cheaper? If he were to go and leave the next week it would seem like false advertising and that they were lying to the fans. He's said he's staying in Molde at a press conference.

It's over as far as I'm concerned. I think we got knocked back and would have appointed him by now if he had said yes. He pulled a u-turn and we went back to square one. That's my take on it, though I'd love to be proved wrong by a good appointment next week, especially if it were OGS.

OGS saga is over imo - time to move on otherwise your setting yourself up for disappointment again.
I have moved on. As I said I'm not expecting it at all and won't be putting any bets on it.

TBF, I'm completely pissed off with hearing about OGS and whether he was or wasn't offered our job. He was never good enough for us and it seems he wasn't ever seriously interested - or his head was messed about what he really wanted.

We've had a lucky escape. Whetheror not RL is capable of finding us a manager appropriate to our standing and aspirations is another matter - my guess is not.

I have a sneaky feeling we might all just come out of this a happy lot......

there again it could just be the sunshine making me feel positive!

This is AVFC currently run by muppets! I very much doubt this will end well.

FFS, I wasn't suggesting that I think it's likely. All I was doing was thinking out loud. Can't mention anything without having people on your back.

Mantis don't let them quell your hope, man! With Villa, lets face it, hope is all we **** have! Ha! Granted I'm still hoping Ancelotti will turn up to sign a contract as Villa's new manager so I can hope with the best of them. I think he just got lost in Paris and ran out of money and had to take any ol' job but he'll make it here soon enough. Seriously though OGS is near certain a dead horse, it's hard to assume anything other than that but until a new manager is appointed no one TRULY knows a damn thing.

OGS saga is over imo - time to move on otherwise your setting yourself up for disappointment again.
I have moved on. As I said I'm not expecting it at all and won't be putting any bets on it.

I get what your saying but it leaves me thinking and sets me up for disappointment instead really with all these theories :lol:

Best to think low (Bruce type manager) anything else will feel like a bonus. ;)

Hmmm, so do you know something but can't share because you are sworn to secrecy or are you just a particularly positive, sunny dispositioned, glass half full, walk on the sunny side of the street type of person? :)

This is AVFC currently run by muppets! I very much doubt this will end well.

If AVFC actually was run by the muppets I'd always have a smile on my face.

Waka Waka 8)

Am I the only one that hasn't completely ruled out OGS?

I was excited by the prospect of Solskjær at Villa and would have welcomed him with open arms, but if he turns his back on Molde now, after everything that's happened this week, he'll go down MASSIVELY in my estimation.

Can't see it happening anyway.

Am I the only one that hasn't completely ruled out OGS? I know it seems to be all over but the complete silence of the last few days and how the club are apparently "relaxed" about the managerial search makes me wonder whether everything is as it seems. Gazton also said that his contact said to "expect drama" and that he wouldn't be able to speak to his contact again until the weekend. Strangely enough we haven't seen Gazton on here for days. I thought he'd be back to tell us what was going on.

As you know, I was just as hopeful as you on this and really was clinging on to straws. I also think the whole thing is dead, as does everyone. What I don't like is, pretty much everything about it.

a) Gazton has been on here but hasn't posted, because he's probably a bit sheepish. He's acknowledged he gets told from the source in good faith, but nobody could see this happening. I think he expected drama (as MM might have done too), but they didn't expect this conclusion. The family moving seems to have come out of nowhere.

B) Why the **** has the family problem come out of nowhere? Gazton has hinted at "ooh, March or April maybe?". It looks like Lerner and Faulkner wanted McLeish out a long time ago, and planned Ole. Scouted him out. Tapped up a bit. Agreed the talks, he had a get out clause to come to a Premier league club. McLeish sacked and plane flies out a few days later. I've never seen Lerner move so quickly. Ole takes part in press conference where he looks furious with the owners. Ole issues come and get me. Big **** you out of the blue.

The board might not have had a proper backup plan, because it wasn't needed. We'd got our man months ago. But, just in case, the backup plan was 1. Prising Lambert away 2. prising Rodgers away 3. Prising Martinez away (in no order).

Our board, for some reasons understandably and for some reasons not are again, for different reasons, **** miles out of their depth in the cutthroat business of massive overinflated football contracts.

I await a decision. Lerner is on the cusp of revitalizing his club or fans like me losing their patience after a long battle understanding his position.

PS. I might totally eat my words if we make a late appointment and it turns out to be a pretty good one.