Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I think the legal teams are going through this, the point is AVFC approached Norwich for permission, they refused but PL has a clause in his contract to say he can talk to another club, this is why he resigned. Then he started speaking to AVFC, as he's on a rolling contract they can't do a lot in my opinion.

So you've seen his contract have you or are you believing the Sun ? I think you'll find that he didn't have a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, hence why hes now on gardening leave until you guys come up with compensation that is acceptable to us.

So you've seen his contract have you?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the legal teams are going through this, the point is AVFC approached Norwich for permission, they refused but PL has a clause in his contract to say he can talk to another club, this is why he resigned. Then he started speaking to AVFC, as he's on a rolling contract they can't do a lot in my opinion.

So you've seen his contract have you or are you believing the Sun ? I think you'll find that he didn't have a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, hence why hes now on gardening leave until you guys come up with compensation that is acceptable to us.

So have you seen his contract smart arse? or are you believing what you want?

Very interesting from Twitter account Incognito last night,

He puts loads of tweets up regarding the situation with Lambert then he deleted his account!

Could he of been a real ITK

This is what he put….b4 deleted…

Interesting tweets posted and deleted by @INCOGNITOAVFC #avfc pic.twitter.com/SoUktb4I

— Nick D (@nickdes)

June 2, 2012

I really hope some movement’s today guys... it's classed as normal day today isn't it...surely negotiations will be on-going and maybe an announcement could be made today.

Not sure if serious.

I think it has something to do with wether Norwich are entitled to compensation or not.

I would say that he is comming here, but the sticking point is that because he resigned is Norwich entitled to compo ?

It will either be confirmed today or over the next day or so or maybe into next week

You heard it here first

Another CI exclusive, you been to Tesco again?

I will be in Tesco Axminster later today

Will keep my ear to the ground

It will either be confirmed today or over the next day or so or maybe into next week

You heard it here first

Another CI exclusive, you been to Tesco again?

I will be in Tesco Axminster later today

Will keep my ear to the ground

Good lad. I'd suggest you opt for a basket rather than a trolley in that case.

;)

MON did a great job here. He is in the past, why don`t we just stop talking about him.

Funny you think MON was good, a lot of people I know thought he was one dimensional.

MON could pick a decent 11 but couldn't manage a squad, hence why we were in the top 4 until Feb/March each season until the players all became knackered and the wheels fell off. The same us now evident at Sunderland, and the Mackem fans are starting to see it.

I am happy with Lambert though. He looks like a manager that could be here for more than 12 months...

He was like the "curates egg" good in parts....and not very good in the transfer market.

Hope Lambert is more rounded.

You heard it here first

I think some may have missed that you are taking the piss.

Probably due to the fact it is difficult to tell with CI :lol:

Not sure if serious

Glad he took it all down really last night because THAT info should not have been for public consumption!

If true though no wonder the rumours are that Lerner & Lambert are not well chuffed with Norwich.

5 Live are apparently reporting Villa will announce Paul Lambert as manager today.

Don't get me wrong, Im happy we may get a manager who's only time from outside the UK isn't from a holiday on the Costa del Sol. But Lamberts 1 season in Dortmund in the mid 90:s and a few visits getting his coaching badge doesn't make him a learned scholar of european football and isn't enough to easy my worries about him.

If he starts off by signing Grant Holt i'll be really worried...

No but our CEO said yesterday in an interview that we're still trying to agree compensation and if he had a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, then we wouldnt have been able to refuse him permission to talk to you would we ??

MON did a great job here. He is in the past, why don`t we just stop talking about him.

Funny you think MON was good, a lot of people I know thought he was one dimensional.

MON could pick a decent 11 but couldn't manage a squad, hence why we were in the top 4 until Feb/March each season until the players all became knackered and the wheels fell off. The same us now evident at Sunderland, and the Mackem fans are starting to see it.

I am happy with Lambert though. He looks like a manager that could be here for more than 12 months...

He was like the "curates egg" good in parts....and not very good in the transfer market.

Hope Lambert is more rounded.

He looks pretty rounded to me!

This could go either way for me, we've either found the next David Moyes or the next Steve Coppell

Hard to call

Its always hard to call....but my first choice would have been him. but hey i felt that about O'Neill.

I think this guy could be our modern day Saunders.

This could go either way for me, we've either found the next David Moyes or the next Steve Coppell

Hard to call

Well the risk on OGS was far far greater for me so personally i'm resting easy....

Lambert is head and shoulders above Coppell....

this guy will bring us success if he is given the time and backing

No but our CEO said yesterday in an interview that we're still trying to agree compensation and if he had a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, then we wouldnt have been able to refuse him permission to talk to you would we ??

That's why paul and others on our side of this are more than a little pissed off with narich. Your club have not acted well in all this and despite all the talk from your fanbase about the relative sizes of the two clubs, naaaarrrrich have shown themselves to be small time and lacking a bit of class and honour. Shame as I always had a bit of time for the club