Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Daglish being sacked is the best thing that can happen to Villa TBH.

The managers we are in for Lambert/Martinez/Rodgers could potentially turn us down as they believe that they will get a bigger / better job in the future.

Liverpool are at an all time low similar to us. If they can't get the job there now they never will ....

After LIverpool, what available (or potentially soon to be available) jobs are bigger than Villa?

Chelsea.

Excluding Chelsea ... just trying to be realistic,...

Lambert/artinez/Rodgers arent gonna be the new Chelsea managers....

Liverpool is the best they could hope for .... and I doubt they'll get that

However the current scenario will prove this to them if they were thinking if/maybe.

Martinez and Lamberts stock will not be any higher than now at their current clubs

I think Rodgers would have a chance because of his past. Although has said he doesn't want it. Although things change ££££££££££££££

Hey guys i joined last year when i had some news on a transfer target but i didnt bother posting. That news was indeed correct and it involved yohan cabaye. Im a student studying sports journalism in london and i am lucky enough to have a continued work placement at talksport towers.

Randy Lerner willl have compensation wrapped up by friday and im 90% that come Monday lunchtime aston villa will present Paul Lambert as the new coach. Now unlike other appointments Randy will be in attendance in this presentation to show villa fans his commitment, and change in nature.

The downside is today a colleague of mine has personally spoke with quiche flores the former atletico madrid manager, who openly expressed an interest to paul faulkner. He was briefed that the new man will have

8 million plus 50% of player sale fees to invest in the squad.

transfer list 3 current players who have expressed an interest in leaving the club to the boardroom.

I guarantee this will come to fruition in the next few months. quiche flores has been rejected.

Nice story, but the mention of Talkshite immediately sends you plummeting down the credibility table.

as much as this is quite believable, i think its a work of fiction.

I thought Martinez contract was up now ?

He was offered an extension last summer - but it has been reported it was never signed - so technically hes free at the end of next month i beleive.

mykeyb if that happens, i will be sacked in the morning, im getting sacked in the morning. Sacked in the morning...

And to all those people bashing me, my goal is not to become a writer, but id like to be a sports website sub editor. It still fits the criteria of the course i am undergoing. Just remember im just a fan, the same as you lot.

He was offered an extension last summer - but it has been reported it was never signed - so technically hes free at the end of next month i beleive.

he signed a 3 year deal last summer

If you google roberto martinez contract - you will get a recent link saying it was never signed.

I don't actually think his contract position is clear to anyone.

If you google roberto martinez contract - you will get a recent link saying it was never signed.

I don't actually think his contract position is clear to anyone.

if he was out of contrat why would whelan be talking to the media about where he is or isnt going - it's not like he can drive up compensation prices

mykeyb if that happens, i will be sacked in the morning, im getting sacked in the morning. Sacked in the morning...

And to all those people bashing me, my goal is not to become a writer, but id like to be a sports website sub editor. It still fits the criteria of the course i am undergoing. Just remember im just a fan, the same as you lot.

If you do get sacked can you punch Micky Quinn on the way out. Thanks.

Fair play mate, good luck with your ambitions. I just hope you're wrong about the transfer budget... :winkold:

If it is OGS id like to apologise. I only posted what i was told. Sorry guys

No need to apologise, thanks for sharing.

I hope what you've heard is right about Lambert.

On that note breaking news is Martinez free to speak to Liverpool. Thank god for that. A man that has a good 2 months is suddenly flavour of the season!

Because of Liverpools global profile, they would not appoint Rodgers lambert or Martinez

They will get an AVB Capello or Pep

Looks like your wrong mate, seeing as they have just been given permission to speak to Martinez.

As Lambert today has just announced 5 departures in his squad it doesn't sound like someone prepairing to jump ship soon does it?

He's already building the squad for the next season.

I think a move to you was never on in the first place.

Whys that? I think he was the leading contender until Solskjaer emerged as front runner, it now looking like Lerner is willing to take a risk on an up and coming manager who hasn't yet managed in the PL.

Whys that? I think he was the leading contender until Solskjaer emerged as front runner, it now looking like Lerner is willing to take a risk on an up and coming manager who hasn't yet managed in the PL.

Lambert IMO would have a much better appointment.

The fact that he wasn't interested - or we didn't approach give me even more concern about where the club is going.

It makes me smile to pluck a bloke from a tiny norwegain club - yet I beleive Faulkner and Randy will be looking on in total amazement as we flounder at the foot of the league again