Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

What about John Dahl Thomassen of Stuttgart? He still got some quality in him, he might love the thought of having two danish mates playing here, and prove that he wasn`t a flop when playing in England earlier, with Newcastle i guess it was. I just read that he has completely fallen out with the Stuttgart manager and team and will be sold in january. Maybe a swap with Baros? :shock:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the bloody world is Cicinho not playing/starting regularly for Real Madrid.....He is mustard!

I think he's been long time injured, hence not playing for a good while. As for some others on that list, such as Deisler, I believe. But there are some goo and maybe gettable names there. :)

What about John Dahl Thomassen of Stuttgart? He still got some quality in him, he might love the thought of having two danish mates playing here, and prove that he wasn`t a flop when playing in England earlier, with Newcastle i guess it was. I just read that he has completely fallen out with the Stuttgart manager and team and will be sold in january. Maybe a swap with Baros? :shock:

A couple of years ago I'd say hell yes, but now I'm not sure. And that means I'm not sure, not saying that he definitely isn't good enough anymore. Haven't seen him play for a long time, hence can't be sure. ;)

Houllier is interested in taking Baros to Lyon, swap deal Baros - Carew?!?

I would take that in a second...

What about Govou (sp?) from Lyon we've been linked with him before. Not seen him play too much, what's he like?

What about Govou (sp?) from Lyon we've been linked with him before. Not seen him play too much, what's he like?

Yeah, I like him. Fast and tricky, would be useful on the right in a 4-3-3.

Bring him and Carew on!! :winkold:

Depends what we want. If we don't mind a player who scores 7 goals a season (Premier defences are a little better than those from La Ligue), then Carew is fine, Excellent target man, and one to go for, definitely. If it's a goalscorer we're after, not Carew.

Govou would solve all our right winger needs

Yep, and he would be a signing mentioned in the other thread, for me. One who many wouldn't think we would get and that would be there to take us to that next level.

No Paddy. That's going TOO far (though it wouldn't take me 10 minutes to find a mass of Valencia fans who'd love that little song). He was, ah, what's the word...? Unappreciated? A bit unfair though. He slogged his guts out for the cause even if he didn't tear the nets out too often.

just been in london on a works function and im on the train back to sunny brum, a london colleague has told me just that hes got it on good authority that Luis Boa Morte may be joining Villa in the window from Fulham......................

just been in london on a works function and im on the train back to sunny brum, a london colleague has told me just that hes got it on good authority that Luis Boa Morte may be joining Villa in the window from Fulham......................

lol :)