Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Does anyone believe we've already got a name or 2 in for sure but not publically announced?

honestly yess I do.

I don't know but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was so.

Don't know about that rumour about twice breaking the TR already, but it has come from to different ways on here, I reckon, so there might be some truth in it. I'd like Parker most out of those you mentioned, ADBO9. :D

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone believe we've already got a name or 2 in for sure but not publically announced?

honestly yess I do.

I don't know but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was so.

Don't know about that rumour about twice breaking the TR already, but it has come from to different ways on here, I reckon, so there might be some truth in it. I'd like Parker most out of those you mentioned, ADBO9. :D

yep, imagine a trio or Parker, McCann & Petrov

pretty tidy thatd be

honestly yess I do.

I hope so to, since there is no reason to wait until Jan to do biz. I really hope that MON and Lerner has seen it that way to.

i 100% agree with this. the management team now in place at VP are not going to be sitting around, talking about how they invented the bicycle kick. they're going to be aware that this is their first transfer window and working their bollocks off.

yep, imagine a trio or Parker, McCann & Petrov

pretty tidy thatd be

i'd prever Parker Davis Petrov .

However - I agree -Parker would be a great signing.

I take it from all the speculation that you guys all think that MON's recent qoute about not giving his wishlist to RL yet is just PR and misinformation?

Amazing, we are on the up and have millions to spend, yet people rave

about average Championship-players. What are your ambitions?

Gera, Koumas etc.... players who would never play for Everton and West Ham.

Randy Lerner has millions to spend. It shouldn't be automatically assumed that Villa have millions to spend.

Randy Lerner has millions to spend. It shouldn't be automatically assumed that Villa have millions to spend.

I'd be very suprised if we spent more than £40 million from january till the start of the next season.

Randy hasn't got money that expandable, with a fortune of around 800 million, minus the club purchase it soon starts eating away.

I'd say Randy has set asside an initial £100 to £200 million to spend on the club to get it turned around (including the purchase)

Daft as it may sound, I still can't get the idea of Beckham signing for us out of my head. I know this is highly improbable, but I just have this feeling...

Lets just say Mr Six that you are not the only one who has mentioned this

I tell you what it is...MON is gonna spend with common sense in which i believe we wont have any great player come to us in jan. I think its gonna be the case of some players with a decent rep that havent filled there potiential yet which we will get at a bargain price. As for the bellamy's and smith's it wont happen in my eyes.

I'd be very suprised if we spent more than £40 million from january till the start of the next season.

I'd be over the moon if we spent that much money before the start of next season.

I'd be suprised if any deals are already lined up, i'm sure there are players out there that MON wants and is confident of getting but alot of things can happen before that deal is completed.

I seriously cannot wait till january, i still don't know if randy is prepared to back up his comments by showing us the money but i guess that adds to my excitement.

Daft as it may sound, I still can't get the idea of Beckham signing for us out of my head. I know this is highly improbable, but I just have this feeling...

Am I entitled to read alot into that? (With your contact and all :winkold: )

Am I entitled to read alot into that? (With your contact and all :winkold: )

I have to admit that i've scoffed at alot of the suggestions banded about on here recently.

But this one has always rung true. I dont know why either.

I know there have been some links before (the fake sheik saga and another time too iirc) and i wonder if that has left the impression it could be a realistic possibility. :?

Randy hasn't got money that expandable, with a fortune of around 800 million, minus the club purchase it soon starts eating away.

I'd say Randy has set asside an initial £100 to £200 million to spend on the club to get it turned around (including the purchase)

You think Lerner would be happy to see a quarter of his personal fortune spent on Villa? If he's envisaging that amount of initial outlay, how long would it be before he could expect to see a return on his investment? Even if we post profits of £20m a season for ten seasons, with all of that cash flowing into Lerner's account, he'd still only be breaking even. He'd get a better return on investment by leaving the money in a current account!

My assumption has always been that, after this coming window, our new management will be hoping to fund everything else from some hefty long-term sponsorship deals, increased TV money, higher league finishes and higher gates. At the time of the merger, I guessed that Lerner might be willing to spend a further £30 million of his own money to get the ball rolling - I still think that figure will prove about right.

Well he and Posh do own an apartment in the Mailbox (i think!??)

Weirdly, I remember dreaming a few years ago that Beckham played for us. If it happens I need to wrack my brains as to other dreams that could come true. (Please le the Destiny's Child one come true!!!!) ;)