Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, im a villa seasonticket holder but i went with a mate to the Baggies v Burnley a few weeks ago and saw MON there with Ian Storey-Moore and another geezer, i think it was robertson.

A friend of mine was at the West Brom v Burnley game a few weeks back and he was there then, too.

I think we'll be seeing an Albion player at VP in January.

I wonder if Gera might be a potential target?

maybe, but id say Curtis Davies or Jason Koumas might be more suited !

A friend of mine was at the West Brom v Burnley game a few weeks back and he was there then, too.

Koumas, you reckon? He seems to have stood still, if not gone backwards in the last 3 years....

Koumas, you reckon? He seems to have stood still, if not gone backwards in the last 3 years....

still not a bad player tho' - curtis davies ive only seen play a few times and to be honest I cant see us stumping the sort of cash wed need too, to get him when weve more pressing areas of the team that we need to strengthen..... afterall is he as good as Cahill - im not so sure

wet spam supposedly bid 5M for Koumas last week.

He's oilbyon's best player this year by some distance by all accounts

and stick him in a midfield with mccann & petrov and he could potentially get even better.................... hes got the killer ball in his locker and is good from deadballs so wouldnt be too bad a shout

i hope were at least trying to go for some bigger and better players than some 'potentials' in the championship. We have enough potentials in our squad. We need more players who would walk into our team with a bit of experience and improve the side. Petrov type signing.

i hope were at least trying to go for some bigger and better players than some 'potentials' in the championship. We have enough potentials in our squad. We need more players who would walk into our team with a bit of experience and improve the side. Petrov type signing.

Damn right. And I think there will be. I still believe we'll get one CS-player, one "star" to prove our point (still fitting the squad and not just for the sake of it, mind you), Maloney/Milner and a proven PL-player. Here's for hoping.

Does anyone believe we've already got a name or 2 in for sure but not publically announced?

yep cant aggree more......... id say 2 or 3 petrov type signings and well be looking good......... i personally think there could be more mileage to the Craig Bellamy story, I for one would like to see someone like him at Villa, especially under MON again who will more than likely control his off field habits better than most managers ever could hope to......... allegedly liverpool arent happy with his courtcase and could be ready to sell

Damn right. And I think there will be. I still believe we'll get one CS-player, one "star" to prove our point (still fitting the squad and not just for the sake of it, mind you), Maloney/Milner and a proven PL-player. Here's for hoping.

Does anyone believe we've already got a name or 2 in for sure but not publically announced?

the rumour is weve got 2 lined up that will both break our current £9.5m transfer record, one being an england international.... so id say SWP, Defoe, Bent, Parker are the likeley candidates......... no guesses on the others but id say itd be a striker for sure!

One would presume that if we're going to pay a lot of money for a player, the club who is selling the player will want it done quickly so they can spend the proceeds.

So maybe... just maybe it'll be done at the start of January - not midnight on the 31st.