Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

We are after Richard Stearman according to the Mirror. He’s a right back at Leicester, 19 years old. Played for England U-18, U-17s.

From LCFC:

http://tinyurl.com/y8z89k

Richard Stearman continued his fine progress with the club during the 2005-06 campaign.

Having broken into the first team squad during the previous season, Stearman build on that foundation by making an impressive 39 appearances during the term, scoring four goals.

His fine form at right back led to him being awarded a new contract towards the end of the campaign which runs until the end of the 2008-09 season.

The 18-year-old defender, who can also play in the centree of defence and in midfield, came on as a substitute for his first team debut away to Cardiff in October 2004 before starting at right-back in Leicester's 2-0 defeat at the hands of Reading later that year.

He has since become a regular feature in the starting line-up and scored his first senior goal at home to Millwall at the end of the 2004/05 season.

His overhead kick against Sheffield Wednesday earned Stearman a nomination for City's Goal of the Season at the Annual Player Awards, where he was also shortlisted for both Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year.

Richard is a life-long City fan and joined the Foxes back in 1998 after being spotted by a scout playing for Harborough Town FC. He has represented England at both under 17 and under 18 level.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea scouting director Frank Arnesen watched Celtic forward Shaun Maloney in action against Benfica this week.

so he won't come here :lol:

then go for mcgeady :clap:

You know, that might just be the test case that forces people to sit up and take notice of Villa. Yes, most players would currently still choose Chelsea over us. But if Maloney is one of MON's "babbies" he might just decide to come to us instead. I'd *love* to see Chelsea go in for him and then lose out to us. Could happen.

Mike

Chelsea scouting director Frank Arnesen watched Celtic forward Shaun Maloney in action against Benfica this week.

so he won't come here :lol:

then go for mcgeady :clap:

You know, that might just be the test case that forces people to sit up and take notice of Villa. Yes, most players would currently still choose Chelsea over us. But if Maloney is one of MON's "babbies" he might just decide to come to us instead. I'd *love* to see Chelsea go in for him and then lose out to us. Could happen.

Mike

I wish a prophet spoke from You. :)

Balde my arse. My arse isnt bald by the way.....erm....lets start again.

No way. We have Laursen and Cahill who will be struggling to get a game. Why buy another defender who isnt as good?

Lets just buy most of the top under 21's.

Bent, Richards, Milner, Reo-Coker.

This covers centre forward, right back,either wing and central midfield.

All English. All very good players.All good performers in the premiership and would equal approx 25m.

Reo-Coker would be able to compete with Gav for the cruncher in midfield. I do like Gav but Reo-Coker has a better all round game.

I would love SWP as well but on loan so we can still get the other four.

Truth is that buying in January is not the best time to buy so MON might have to wait until the end of the season for certain players.

I don't think they'res much to this Balde bid, We've got 4 very capable CB, and MON seems to like Cahill alot and with Ridge keeping Laursen out the team on merit then it's not a priority to strenghen CD.

Full Backs and Wingers, with a McCann type midfielder (only with abit more quality) would seem the positions we need to add to, aswell as someone long-term to challenge JPA for his position.

stephen appiah would be a great signing, hes been said before but from watching the newcastle game, he didn't have a great game but he still loooked a class above his teammates, and pompey were linked with a 7 million bid, at that price he would be a snip

im sick of all these old celtic players coming.. at least get the younger quality players.. especially with Randys $$$. Fair enough some are stop gap.. but i hope this Balde rumour in JANUARY isnt true. Why spend 1.5 on an old player... get that Stearman fella instead.

BTW Im sure Frank Arneson wasnt watching the Benfica Celtic game to watch Shaun Maloney, In sure he was rather watching Benfica captain and star player Simao Sabrosa, who plays on either wing and was linked with Liverpool and Chelsea in the summer....so we can still get Maloney and McGeady!!!!

I think were really good in depth for the defence anyway. We need wingers and attackers and a holding midfielder.

Mellberg Laursen Ridgewell Cahill...... then you have Delaney and Hughes or even Bouma who can play there if necessary.