Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

christ lets not fall into that trap again.....do you remember Djemba Djemba, bet ferguson is still laughing

makoun is a lot better than djemba djemba, we probably wouldn't go for him as he would cost a lot, but hes closer to essien than djemba djemba

hes regularly played well for lille, and done well in the champions league, scoring yesterday which reminded me of him

Ashton would be a great shout, but i think we would struggle to get him. If anything his stock has risen during his injury whilst West Ham have been cack.

He's English to boot which always adds value onto a potential transfer...

In terms of what he could offer the team, well it would be fantastic, and i can't think of many others that could fulfill the target man up front as well as he could.

Maybe with the instability looming at West Ham with a takeover...just maybe we could get him...

Ashton would be a great shout, but i think we would struggle to get him. If anything his stock has risen during his injury whilst West Ham have been cack.

He's English to boot which always adds value onto a potential transfer...

In terms of what he could offer the team, well it would be fantastic, and i can't think of many others that could fulfill the target man up front as well as he could.

Maybe with the instability looming at West Ham with a takeover...just maybe we could get him...

ashton is so much more than a target man...

his creativity and movement are also superb...

he is like shearer and sheringham rolled into one player...

unfortunately though, he seems to have sheringhams pace...

if he was quick, then he would simply be one of the most all round strikers in the game, and that my friends, would mean that he would develop into a world class player...

as it stands, he still might...

Didn't he turn us down before?

Although we do look a whole lot more attractive now!

I'm pretty confident that previously we've never had the money for him.

and personally would love him to be the spearhead of our attacking 3.

at the end of the day WHAM are a selling club, i think to get Ashton in January would be a touch optimistic but if they continue to struggle then i wouldnt be surprised if he became available. He wouldnt be cheep and we certainly wouldnt be the only club in for him. But for injury he'd be an england international and given recent fortunes would probably be starting. in short, id love Ashton but i think we've a lot of work to do in order to attract players like him.

More realistic transfer targets, i still think a target man is likely, what about Kevin Davies. look at how hes playing with anelka and diouf either side of him. could see him doing an excellent job with Gaby and Moore.

if we're after a target man - we should go in for Miroslav Klose or Luca Toni, the latter would be easier to get IMO due to the docked points at Fiorentina and the little hope of European football next season

Ashton would be great but I don't think west ham will sell

Sorry but I still don't see what Crouch brings to Liverpool or what he brought to Villa, very, very average play IMO

He's tall.

If he keeps scoring how average can he be? His overall game might be average but if it leads to goals is it worth it? It's like the Beckham conundrum, he's very average but his one skill leads to great chances and goals. Beckham is good on free kicks, Crouch is tall. :mrgreen: