Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you could be upset at paying £10-12m for Nolan given the circumstances.

He's a decent player, but not worth £10-12 million. That's crazy money. You would probably be able to get SWP for less than that, especially if the Duff deal is anything to go by, and i think he'd be a better buy.

in fact, you could probably get SWP & Milner for £12m...

Yeah i see your point and agree to certain extent, the point i'm making is no-one is gonna pay 20m for Nolan.

Not even Chelsea.

Yeah, but in a world where Carrick is worth £18m, anything can happen! If you look at it that way, Fat Sam has a point......

I don't think you could be upset at paying £10-12m for Nolan given the circumstances.

He's a decent player, but not worth £10-12 million. That's crazy money. You would probably be able to get SWP for less than that, especially if the Duff deal is anything to go by, and i think he'd be a better buy.

I respectfuly disagree. For arguments sake I'd rather SWP over Nolan, due to our needs.

I'm not saying we should sign Nolan, but if someone were to be interested, £10m would be a reasonable offer.......

I don't think anything official has been said about SWP by us, him or Chelsea. I just think that he must be getting desperate to leave, and as he's not playing Chelsea will be glad to get rid of his wages, especially if Roman's wife divorces him!!

I think Milner has a lot of Nolan about him, but is younger and cheaper, and could/should settle easily back at VP after last season

I'd love to get Darren Bent. I cant believe some of you wouldnt. 20+ goals last year in a cack team. 5 Already this season.

He's got everything. Pace, power, finishing, heading.....

If the Wheelies would accept 10m I'd be chuffed.

I was wathcin' Irish TV last night and they said that celtic's Shaun Maloney was heavily lkinked with a move to villa park to be re-united with MON. His contract is up at the end of this season and it looks like he isn't going to sign a new one.

He would be a good signing IMO and could solve our right wing problems.

*Off to find a link*

I was wathcin' Irish TV last night and they said that celtic's Shaun Maloney was heavily lkinked with a move to villa park to be re-united with MON. His contract is up at the end of this season and it looks like he isn't going to sign a new one.

He would be a good signing IMO and could solve our right wing problems.

*Off to find a link*

I watched the Celtic v Benfica game last night and was quite impressed by Maloney. He seems to have a good turn of pace, decent shot and knows what he is doing - he played a great through ball for Kenny Miller for Celtic's second goal.

Nakamura looks Celtic's best player in midfield though - he oozes class.

How old is this Maloney? Think it's been said earlier in this thread but, well, I ain't got time to check through the pages. If his contract is out in the summer do you think we'll buy him pretty cheap in january or sign him for a free come summer? I'd want him ASAP but of course the cheaper the better. IF we sign him at all, of course.