Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I heard from someone when he first came that MON doesn't have all the appropriate badges but he has an exemption for so many years as he has been a top class manager but that he has to get them by a certain deadline - sorry if this sounds a bit vague but that was definitely along the lines of what I heard - call all be rubbish though! (It was a Newcastle fan that told me cos he was so shocked that we got MON and I laughed saying that they only had Roeder who hadn't even got his coaching badges)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has an FA Diploma, same as Fergie. Thing is that by a certain date (I think it's by 2010 or something like that) they'll no longer be valid and you've gotta have these badges. Guess he's just getting them out of the way or something.

Should Martin O'Neill take charge of Newcastle United or any other Premiership club he will have to combine the job with studying for his pro-licence coaching badge. Yet the anomalies of the certification system for elite managers dictate that, should O'Neill be made England coach this summer, no such qualification will be necessary.

FA Premier League rules require all managers taking jobs in the top division to hold the Uefa pro licence but those already occupying such posts have until 2010. If they fail to obtain the licence within four years they will be dismissed but would then, theoretically, be free to manage England, as that position requires no qualifications.

Ferguson is likely to have retired by 2010, but O'Neill could well be working at a Premiership club and need to complete a residential course at Warwick University, an overseas study trip and several assignments over a period of up to two years.

Old Guardian Article

Goes into a bit more detail.

Should Martin O'Neill take charge of Newcastle United or any other Premiership club he will have to combine the job with studying for his pro-licence coaching badge. Yet the anomalies of the certification system for elite managers dictate that, should O'Neill be made England coach this summer, no such qualification will be necessary.

FA Premier League rules require all managers taking jobs in the top division to hold the Uefa pro licence but those already occupying such posts have until 2010. If they fail to obtain the licence within four years they will be dismissed but would then, theoretically, be free to manage England, as that position requires no qualifications.

Ferguson is likely to have retired by 2010, but O'Neill could well be working at a Premiership club and need to complete a residential course at Warwick University, an overseas study trip and several assignments over a period of up to two years.

Old Guardian Article

Sorry to go a bit OT but I'm sure I heard somewhere that Fergie was told about having to get the pro licence badge and he told them in no uncertain terms what he thought of that. I think the hairdryer was out in force that day.

I'd love Davies at Villa. If it doesn't happen I'd like Distin. In fact DIstin may be a more realistic option

I agree Distin would be a gem

Trouble is didn't he and his manager say they were in love and he wouldn't be going at any cost ?

I thought Distin had stalled in contract talks with city? He might love it there, but unless he signed a deal a few days ago, his contract runs out this summer. So how much love he has for his manager I don't know.