Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

just realised were playing newc on the 31st.

Thats a blow as last minute deadline deals will be difficult to push through. A lot of our business needs to be done before the 30th IMO so we arent rushing and not preparing properly for the game.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just realised were playing newc on the 31st.

Thats a blow as last minute deadline deals will be difficult to push through. A lot of our business needs to be done before the 30th IMO so we arent rushing and not preparing properly for the game.

well one is nearly completed and I'd imagine any others are well down the line

once a playe ragrees he would to join the rest is up to Richard Fitzgerarld to sort out.

If its a keeper we're looking at then we should have a go for Matt Murray at wolves, IMO he's a future England keeper, although i can't knock foster either! :)

No games now til newcastle, IMO the transfer market will heat up now! A nice bid of 25mil for Owen Hargreaves anyone?? Now that would be a statement!!!!

De La Cruz is a great player from Reading, he clattered through about 7 challenges to score today. Only cost bout 2m.

Funny...

I´m excited about the new week coming...what will it bring to Villa? If Young signs today or tomorrow it can start a whole lot of changes in the team with players come and go. I would welcome these changes because what we saw yesterday against Watford has to improve...

he's a cracking keeper IMHO

probablyu Van Der Saar only has another season left, feasible they see Foster as the No. 1 after that

Van Der Saar I think has just signed a new contract for next 1/2 seasons. Don't forget though they also have Kuszack (sp) there as well as Howard (technically). Howard will probably leave in the summer with Kuszack or Foster going on loan for next season then those 2 will compete for no. 1 shirt.

I do have a feeling though one of them might get fed up quite quickly of the situation and want to leave Man Utd. We should go for them if so.

tainio and carew would do me fine and maybe 1 more player of a smallish cost

when asked about tainio MON declined to comment, if he wasn't interested surely he would just say he isn't?

Apart from Young and Bardsley I don't think he's commented on anyone yet has he? Isn't his style, likes to leave them guessing.

Fulham just had an offer accepted for Papa Bouba Diop Clicky

If he was able to stay healthy he would be a good option IMO.

You mean Wigan have had an offer accepted?! :P

About £1m they reckon, absoloute bargain. Why would he want to go there though? A shit place to live, in a relegation battle? :?

'The fridge', would be a good signing I think. Basing that on what I've been told, must admit I've not seen a lot of him. Isn't he rather injury prone?

Isn't he called the 'wardrobe'? lol.

Diop, Carew and Taino- be more than happy with them in addition to Young and Bardsley. Think we might gat a loan striker as well if Baros goes in Carew deal, just to add cover for Sutton in case of more injuries and to give Gabby a rest. Prob wrong tho.