Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Petrov urges Villa to boost squad

Stilian Petrov in action for Aston Villa

Petrov was a £6.5m summer signing from Celtic

Stilian Petrov says Aston Villa will face a difficult second half of the season unless they strengthen their squad in the upcoming transfer window.

Villa's 2-1 defeat by Charlton on Saturday means they have now failed to win in nine games.

"The transfer window is coming so I hope the manager and owner will get some players," said the summer signing.

"When I joined Aston Villa I was told the club's ambition would be high so I'm waiting to see what will happen."

Villa, who were bought by American billionaire Randy Lerner earlier this season, have been hit by a number of injuries.

"We are having a bad time with injuries but we can't use it as an excuse, we have to deal with these things," said Bulgarian midfielder Petrov, who joined from Celtic for £6.5m.

"If we don't start picking up points and playing better it could be a long, hard season but it's up to us to change that.

"Martin O'Neill will turn it around - definitely.

"I am 100% sure he is going to do everything possible to turn this club around and get us where we need to be."

off the bbc website, i really hope we match petrovs ambitions

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to start a new thread but over the 744 hours of January I think the following will happen

OUTS:

Hendrie

Whitts

Berger

Twins

JPA (mistake for me)

INS:

Nugent

Maloney

Some unknown European midfielder

Upson

I'd agree with that. I also think someone like Bardsley will come in.

Would love to see 1 likef Barton/Reo-Coker/SWP/Defoe/Keane

I think Curtis Davies is on the list without doubt as i mentioned before, Bardsley too and we've also been strongly linked with Qpr's left winger Lee cook, And i wouldn't rule out Matt Murrey the way our goalkeepers have been going, I must say i'd be dissapointed if Nugent is the only striker brought in as i'm not sure he's any better than Luke, With the likes of klasnic and Carew on the market there's lots of choices but let's just see what happens,

UtV

Agree about petrov , shut your mouth mate and let the manager do his job and you get on with yours .

Definately need to improve left and right backs , left and right midfielders and a striker for now .

Something like

Lucas Neill £3m

Gareth Bale £3m

Luis Boa Morte £4

James Milner £4m

Darren Bent £8m

Then in the summer look at another striker and central midfielder as priorities .

Hahahah yeah £4 for Boa Morte i dont really rate him :D

Think we could be facing alot of competition for Lucas Neill as there arent many good right backs in the division so a bidding war perhaps. I wouldnt pay £6m for Bale that would be British premium prices again i think theres cheaper and experienced on the continent . He does seem a great prospect though and takes a mean free kick , which we could do with . Maybe £4 max with add ons or offer them Lee Hendrie and some cash

I don't think we have a chance with Lucas Neill (Liverpool bound) or Bale to be honest.

Boa Morte is an interesting suggestion. He has always caused us problems with his pace. But he plays left wing mainly so that would mean putting Barry to left back where he says he doesn't want to play.

I blame the FA for not working on Bank Holidays.

Fancy making the first day of the transfer window a Bank Holiday.

I blame Dolally.