Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LennonVanVliet

I think the Barcodes bid about 2m in August and were hopeful of signing him but Boro wouldn't let him go (hence we didn't get Milner). If that figure was true, then I wouldn't want us to go much above 1m in Jan. For that price he would be an asset and probably score more than Baros and Angel together.

Wouldn't mind Viduka, but he would certainly be only a short term measure, I think he is 32/33/34, and certainly not for £2million, especially since he is out of contract and probably not wanted by his club. This makes me think there is not a lot of weight behind this rumour...

I think we will see one or two experianced prem players and probably a signing (or possibly 2) from abroad, with a couple of loan signings. That should hold us over until the Summer.

Viduka is not the answer to our problems IMO unless we got him for nothing. He seems to be quite injury prone and is not the 20 goal a season striker we have been craving for. Would love to see Darren Bent in the ranks however because I think he would be scoring more goals for us than he does for Charlton.

I know it is unlikely and it would take millions but would anyone else like to see former Albion player Maresca in a Villa shirt?
Would that be Ernie Maresca?

of

"Shout! Shout! Knock yourself out!

Come on, yell! Yell! Loud and swell!

You gotta scream! Scream! You know what I mean!

Put another dime in the record machine."

fame

I liked A.Hughes but after another awful performance against MU it's obvious we need new RB.Ronaldo is very good and skillful player but everyone can run around him and just watch the ball.I can understand that Hughes is slower but he never tried a tackle.Very poor display!!!

I liked A.Hughes but after another awful performance against MU it's obvious we need new RB.Ronaldo is very good and skillful player but everyone can run around him and just watch the ball.I can understand that Hughes is slower but he never tried a tackle.Very poor display!!!

Defo agree that we need a new RB that gets forward.

Defo agree that we need a new RB that gets forward.

james milner?